- A challenging case of thromboangiitis obliterans. Abdullah, Ahmad; Hayden, Anna; Gabana, Cori Ann; Appleton, Brent Evan // British Columbia Medical Journal;Apr2016, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p126
Thromboangiitis obliterans, or Buerger disease, is a rare, idiopathic, occlusive vascular disease that is strongly associated with smoking and tobacco use. Among patients with peripheral vascular disease, reported prevalence ranges from 45% to 63% in India and 16% to 66% in Korea and Japan, to...
- Enhanced Platelet Force Development Despite Drug-Induced Inhibition of Platelet Aggregation in Patients with Thromboangiitis Obliterans. Carr, Marcus E.; Hackney, Mary H. // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p473
Thromboangiitis obliterans (TAO) is a nonatherosclerotic, nonnecrotizing, nonspecific, segmental inflammatory obliterative vasculitis, characterized by decreased flow to the distal extremities and increased risk of amputation. While smoking cessation is viewed as critical to successful...
- Buerger's Disease Retrieved. HORWITZ, ORVILLE // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug61, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p341
Editorial. Discusses various aspects of argument on Buerger's disease. Patient characteristics; Distinctions between Buerger's disease and arteriosclerosis.
- Thromboangitis Obliterans and Arteriosclerosis Obliterans. McPherson, James R.; Juergens, John L.; Gifford Jr., Ray W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep63, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p288
Analyzes records of patients considered to have thromboangitis obliterans and those with arteriosclerosis obliterans. Determination whether there are differences in prognosis for life expectancy or loss of limb between the two types of chronic occlusive arterial disease; Clinical features at...
- THE INVOLVEMENT OF SMALL VESSELS IN BUERGER'S DISEASE IN THEIR CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL CORRELATION. Di Giacomo, Vincenzo; Meloni, Fortunato // Angiology;May1984, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p324
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "The Involvement of Small Vessels in Buerger's Disease in Their Clinicopathological Correlation," published in previous issue.
- Letter to the Editor. Kolbakir, Fersat; Erk, M. Kamuran // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1993, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p479
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Thromboangiitis Obliterans (Buerger's disease) in a Cigarette Factory Worker," by YÃ¶ruko&gcaron;lu et al in a 1992 issue of "Vascular Surgery."
- Letter to the Editor. Yörukoglu // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1993, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p479
Presents a response by YÃ¶ruko&gcaron;lu et al to a letter to the editor about their article "Thromboangiitis Obliterans (Buerger's disease) in a Cigarette Factory Worker," in a 1992 issue of "Vascular Surgery."
- malignant atrophic papulosis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1396
A definition of the term "malignant atrophic papulosis" which is also known as Dego's disease is presented.
- thromboangiitis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2312
A definition of the term "thromboangiitis," which refers to inflammation of the intimal layer of a blood vessel with clot formation, is presented.