Lending Lower Tiers a Lean Helping Hand
- As sales rise, suppliers feel pricing pressure. Walsh, Dustin // Automotive News;12/13/2010, Vol. 85 Issue 6442, p14
The article informs that many automobile companies in the U.S. are demanding price reduction from suppliers, who have become profitable again. It reports that supplier Johnson Controls Inc. has received price reduction requests of 2 percent to 6 percent from some automobile manufacturers. It...
- Concept interiors woo makers. Sedgwick, David // Automotive News;1/12/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5748, p29
Focuses on Johnson Controls Inc., designer of automobile interiors and seats. The concept interiors for future vehicles being Van-Go, an interior with a seat folding into a desk; Response with an instrument panel that features a reconfigurable display screen; Chrysalis, scale model of a vehicle...
- JCI boosting interior parts unit. Pryweller, Joseph // Plastics News;8/2/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p3
Focuses on the expansion of Johnson Controls Inc.'s automotive interior trim operations in North America. Company's plan to open an interior parts facility in Warren, Michigan; Johnson's search for outside injection molders in the same region.
- JCI ranks high. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/07/99, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p13
Reports on a poll result ranking Michigan-based Johnson Controls company as the world's top vehicle interior supplier for 1999. PricewaterhouseCoopers and Automotive Industries magazine as conductors of the survey; Criteria used for suppliers; Materials supplied by Johnson Controls.
- Johnson Controls Adds Specialty Products Division. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/27/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p32
Reports on the Johnson Controls' creation of the Specialty Products Group (SPG) as part of its Automotive Systems Group. Focus of the SPG on the design, manufacture and marketing of automotive interior lifestyle products as accessory options; Significance of the business unit on Johnson...
- Johnson Controls revs up its cockpit business. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News;5/7/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5928, p24X
Reports the expectation of Johnson Controls Inc. for the growth of the manufactured interior components for cars in Europe. Equipments supplied by the company to Mercedes-Benz; Features of the cockpit; Continuation of car researches to specifically fit European customers.
- JCI shows off interior design capabilities. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Oct97, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p85
Tells that automobile interior components supplier Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI) is taking one step further the abilitiy to supply entire vehicle interiors. The company's so-called Symbiosis concept, the ability to design as well as manufacture complete interiors; Introduction of the concept at...
- Acquisitions tighten market edge. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;9/26/94, Vol. 10 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the tightening competition between Johnson Controls Inc. and Lear Seating Inc. in the auto-seat manufacturing market with the recent acquisitions by the two companies. Johnson Controls Inc.'s purchase of two Chrysler Corp. Acustar seating plants; Lear Seating Inc.'s purchase of...
- JCI hooks up with brand names to hook consumers. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;1/13/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p4
Focuses on the efforts of automotive supplier company Johnson Controls Inc. to connect its products with the brand names appreciated by customers in order to boost sales. Way through which the company is trying to achieve its objectives; Company's expertise; Features of company's Leap executive...