where 'Rhetoric' is meeting REALITY
- Brake Even. // Automotive Industries;Nov2002, Vol. 182 Issue 11, p50
Reports on the automobile braking systems being developed by the company Continental Teves as of November 2002. Features of the Electronic Stability Program of Continental Teves; Capabilities of the anti-rollover protection system; Information on the 30-Meter Car project for automobile safety.
- Teves expands core brake business with new systems. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News Europe;10/25/99, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p13
Reports on the expansion in the core car brake business of Continental Teves, a subsidiary of German tire-maker Continental AG, with its brake corner module systems. Expected sales of Continental Teves in 1999; Schedule for the start of production of an electrohydraulic brake by Continental...
- Continental Teves asks suppliers to swallow price cut. Wilson, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p26
Reports the call of Continental Teves North America company for automobile suppliers to undergo price reductions in Detroit, Michigan. Significance of quality and delivery improvements in production; Reaction of suppliers on the call for price reduction; Influence of the economic decline on the...
- BRIEFS: THE AMERICAS. // Automotive Engineer;Feb2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p6
Reports developments in the automotive industry in the U.S. as of February 2003. Agreement of Ricardo Inc. to provide chassis and powertrain engineering for the sports vehicle of Hummer; Increase in the automobile factories of Ricardo; Supply contract of Continental Teves AG with Nissan.
- Continental uses Six Sigma to slash production costs. Carney, Susan // Automotive News;07/10/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5883, p46
Reports that United States brake and chassis supplier Continental Teves Inc. plans to implement the Six Sigma quality program to reduce production costs. Cost reduction for the brake systems of the Jeep Grand Cherokee; Plan to use the program on all master cylinders; Description of the Six...
- Electric parking brakes are making headway. Truett, Richard // Automotive News Europe;4/4/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the installation of electric parking brakes in automobiles in Europe. Advantages of electric parking brakes; Features of the Electric Parking Brake system developed by TRW Automotive; Plan of Continental Teves to install its cable-puller brake system on nonconventional vehicles.
- On a Dime. Buss, Dale D. // Automotive News;3/1/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5808, p41i
Focuses on Continental Teves Inc.'s role as supplier of brake systems for the 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee sport utility vehicle. Factors that helped the company in winning the supply contract.
- supply line. de Oliveira, Paulo Soares; Chew, Edmund // Automotive News Europe;3/10/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p8
Presents updates on the automobile industry as of March 10, 2003. Move of CIE Automotive to acquire Gameko; Plant in Mexico that will be built by Continental Teves; Completion of the delisting of Edscha from the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- REDUCING ROLLOVERS. // Automotive Body Repair News;Nov2003, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p90
Reports on the partnership between Volvo Cars of North America LLC and Continental Teves for its public awareness initiative. Education of consumers on technology that reduce number of injuries and deaths; Opportunity to experience first hand demonstration of Electronic Stability Control (ESC);...