A Brief Look at Developments on the Quality Scene
- Software to expedite use of measuring machines. // Professional Engineering;06/27/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p52
Features the Camio Studio computer software to facilitate the use of coordinate measuring machines. Offer of integrated user interface; Guidance of the machine operator in programming tasks.
- CMM RETROFITTING. // Quality;Aug2009, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p56
The article reviews the coordinate measuring machine (CMM) retrofit program from Renishaw Inc.
- CAD to CMM: It's all in the translation. Larson, Melissa // Quality;Jun98, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the applications that manufacturers use to overlay computer-aided-design (CAD) programs and coordinate-measuring machines (CMM). How Lockheed Martin benefited from CAMIO software; Testimonial on using Silma's CimStation Inspection; Advantages of using LIMA software.
- Measurement Software Adopts Multi-Touch Interface. ALBERT, MARK // Modern Machine Shop;Aug2013, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p28
The article offers information on PC-DMIS Touch, a software for portable arm and direct computer controlled (DCC) coordinate measuring machine (CMM) from Hexagon Metrology.
- Precision Achieved With CMM. // Quality;Apr2001, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p111
Focuses on the use of the Eclipse with Calypso computer-aided design software from Carl Zeiss IMT Corp. in the coordinate measuring machines (CMM) programming for positioning tolerances by LaVezzi Precision. Functions of the software; Description of the program used in the CMM; Results of the...
- Managing CMM Software Uncertainties. Shakarji, Craig M.; Raffaldi, John // Quality;Mar2004, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p48
Discusses the role of standards in managing software's contribution to coordinate measuring machine (CMM) measurement uncertainty. Ways in which CMMs fit geometrical forms to the points gathered from various types of sensors; Features of the Algorithm Testing and Evaluation Program for...
- A Solution to Optimize Large Cast Part Machining. // Metal Casting Design & Purchasing;May/Jun2013, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p48
The article offers a solution to optimize large cast part machining using Verisurf Software's portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM) with optional scan head. It details the ability of the device to perform both point-based inspection and scanning to a point cloud data set. Verisurf's...
- NEW SOURCES. // New Equipment Digest;Dec2013, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p16
The article evaluates several products and software including a vacuum gripper lifter with the capacities of over 1,000 pound from Cynergy Ergonomics Inc., the Allmatic CENTRO Gripp vise from DAPRA Corp. and the TouchDMIS Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Software from Next Metrology Software Co.
- Jump in new car finance sales. // Credit Management;Jan1998, p10
Announces an increase in new car finance sales in Great Britain in the third quarter of 1997 as compared with that of the same period of 1996. Factors influencing the rise in car sales.