STEEL NEVER SLEEPS
- Iron and Steel. Hogan, William T. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Mar1999, Vol. 200 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on developments related to steel and iron industries in the United States as of March 1999. Background on the market; Financial crisis' impact on the market; Increase in steel imports.
- U.S. steel-user industries erasing trade imbalance. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/09/97, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p12
Provides information on a study conducted by the American Iron and Steel institute, which states that steel user manufacturers in the United States have improved their ability to compete in the world market. Steel goods imported and exported in 1996; Sources of foreign competition facing...
- The cannon founders of Salisbury. Powell, B.W. // Foundry Management & Technology;May97, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p21
Part I. Relates the history of an iron foundry in Connecticut, believed to be the precursor of the iron and steel industry in the United States. Role of the foundry in supplying cannons to the Continental Army during the American Revolution; Replacement of the foundry by a cutlery factory after...
- White-hot US steel sales create long waiting lines. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;3/24/95, Vol. 87 Issue 82, p8
Reports the inability of US steel industry to meet demand despite overdrawn performance by many steel companies in 1994. Increase in demand of steel and its effect on prices and fulfillment of orders; Operation capacity in 1994 according to American Iron and Steel Institute in Washington;...
- Going on the Offensive. Huskonen, Wallace D. // 33 Metalproducing;Jul2000, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the American Iron and Steel Institute's campaign to expand the steel industry in the United States as of July 2000. Background on the metal industry group's marketing plans for North American steel; Group's campaign against dumping of foreign steel in the U.S.
- South Africa's iron and steel industry. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Sep96, Vol. 197 Issue 9, p143WW
Presents an overview of South Africa's iron and steel industry. Steel market environment; Steel production, exports and imports; Stainless steel production; Columbus Stainless steel production; Scrap steel consumption; Iron ore production; Iron ore exports.
- Dynamic steel industry. Hunt, Margaret // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jan1998, Vol. 153 Issue 1, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the American steel industry. Results of efforts to improve every aspect of steel making; Overview on information found in the Web page of the American Iron and Steel Institute.
- Libya. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/11/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p17
Reports on tender documents for the expansion of the Misurata iron and steel plant in Libya. Bidders for the project; Financing of the project.
- Iron and steel. Hogan, William T. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Mar1997, Vol. 198 Issue 3, p48WW
Presents an overview of the iron and steel industries worldwide for 1997 using industry data from 1992 to early 1997. Increase in steel shipments by the United States for the fifth consecutive year in 1996; Increase in actual yearly demand; Prices and profits; Operating developments; Production...