- Lear: Intertronics concept. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News Europe;11/06/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p21
Introduces the concept of Intertronics, the integration of electronics into the interior design of automobiles, developed by Lear company. Products being developed at Lear Electronics and Electrical Division's technical center.
- Interior electronics drive Lear's boom in Europe. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News;10/23/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5900, p36N
Reports on the business of automobile supplier Lear Corp. in Europe. Plans to build three new technology centers; Positioning for `intertronics,' the blending of electronics and interiors; Strong growth in the electronic multimedia and telematics segment; Future plans.
- Lear works to make modules more compact. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News;11/20/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5904, p22L
Features the Lear Corp.'s Intertronics electrical and electronic concepts for automobile manufacturing. Products being developed at Lear Electronics and Electrical Division's technical center in Dearborn, Michigan; Integrated seat adjuster module; Integrated door controls.
- US: Lear Q1 operating profit up 21%. Lewis, Tony // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);5/1/2014, p1
The article reports that Lear, the Michigan-based automotive seating and electrical distribution supplier, has recorded a 10% growth on its global revenue in the first quarter of 2014. The company's income has increased to $122 million while its operating earnings rose to $243 million. The...
- Coming Into Focus. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;May2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the plan of automotive seating supplier Lear Corp. to consolidate or close some of its plants in Europe and North America to focus on seats and electrical/electronic systems in 2006. The decision of General Motors to stop outsourcing complete interiors has not affected the...
- Prime Real Estate. Kalogeridis, Carla // Automotive Industries;Nov2004, Vol. 184 Issue 11, p42
Focuses on the increased functionality of instrument panels (IP) available in vehicles. Prominent trend in IP electronics according to Bob Kinney, executive director of engineering, design and interior integration for Intier; Advantages of the Touch Switch technology of Lear; Kinds of IP...
- Lear renames Electrical business as E-Systems. Warburton, Simon // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);8/14/2016, p1
The article presents a reprint of the article "Lear renames Electrical business as E-Systems," by Simon Warburton, which appeared in the August 11, 2016 issue of just-auto.com. Topics include automotive seating and electrical systems supplier Lear's intention to rename its Electrical business...
- Interior suppliers boost electronics business. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News;5/17/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6093, p36B
Recent deals by Lear Corp. and Grupo Antolin reflect the growing importance of electronics to leading interior suppliers. Electronics play a crucial role in such comfort and convenience features as navigation and entertainment systems. Lear Corp. of Southfield, Michigan, announced in March that...
- Back pain aid. Monts, Rodd; Diem, William R. // Automotive News;3/6/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5594, p6
Reports that Lear Seating Inc. is testing a computerized lumbar support system that delivers back therapy to front-seat occupants.
- Lear Seating plans factory in R. Hills. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;8/22/94, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p1
Reports on Lear Seating Corp.'s plans to build a car-seat assembly plant in Rochester Hills, Michigan. Lear's management schemes; Financial issues; Feedback from Brian McBoom, a city planner for Rochester Hills.