- Reflecting change. WHITE, LYNDON // MWP;Jul2012, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p7
An introduction is presented in which editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including advanced manufacturing technologies, economic trends and developments in automotive industry.
- Manufacturing's evolution. // Manufacturers' Monthly;May2013, p4
The author reflects on the latest technological information about equipments, techniques and methods used in automotive, industrial and manufacturing industry.
- Investing in the future while the market picks up. // Finweek;3/11/2010, p78
The article reports on the release of the Automotive Production and Development Program (APDP) which aims to stimulate growth in the automotive vehicle manufacturing industry including BMW Group, Mercedes-Benz South Africa and Volkswagen of South Africa Ltd. to invest its production facilities...
- Ripples From Detroit Felt In Manufacturing. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/15/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p28
The article reports on the weakening manufacturing industry in Michigan. Problems in Detroit and the automobile industry in the country caused by international competition have affected manufacturing. One suggestion to save companies is diversification in new industries and do business overseas....
- Manufacturing reaches crisis point. LATIMER, COLE // Manufacturers' Monthly;Jul2013, p6
In this article, the author focuses on the declining condition of the Australian automotive manufacturing industry and mentions that the Australian Motor Industry Federation has stated that the industry is going through a transition period, which may impact the country.
- Sunderland City Council. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jan/Feb2007 Supplement, p56
The article offers a look at the automotive industry in Sunderland, England. It mentions that more than 20 component manufacturers have located in the city supplying not only Nissan but other plants worldwide including Ford and Toyota. More than 10,000 jobs have been created in the city since...
- Brands are fighting for their lives more than ever. Clark, Shawn // Marketing News;10/29/1990, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p11
The article deals with factors that continue to influence most manufacturing-related markets in the U.S. It is said that the move of the U.S. into a service/information-based economy poses many challenges in the marketplace. The effort of manufacturers to fight for their market life and find a...
- CAN THIS CAR BE FIXED FOR FREE? Newman, Richard J. // U.S. News & World Report;8/18/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 5, p65
Reports that automobile manufacturers have programs to fix problems at no charge for repeat, profitable or vocal customers. Benefits of threatening to complain over the Internet if a manufacturer refuses service; Comments on warranty extensions for unusual problems.
- Kokomo. Harris, Brian; Wolff, Walter; O'Donnell, John // Indiana Business Review;Winter2005, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p21
The article presents economic forecasts for Kokomo, Indiana in 2006. It presents the factors that affected the local Kokomo economy. It mentions the existence of a large amount of apprehension in the local economy. It discusses the status of manufacturing jobs and the automobile industry.