- Cutting tool considerations for high speed machining. Koepfer, Chris // Modern Machine Shop;Jan96, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p56
Discusses strategies for high speed machining. Definition of high speed machining; Measurements for machining speed; Importance of rigid fixturing; Attributes of cutting tool materials. INSET: Talking the talk..
- High speed machining of dies and molds. Field, Ron; Beard, Tom // Modern Machine Shop;Nov96, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p76
Offers tips on high speed machining of dies and molds. Advantages of high speed machining; Tools for high speed machining; Programming process; Cutting of accurate contoured surfaces at high feed rates. INSET: Untitled..
- High, high(er) speed machining. Bergstrom, Robin Yale // Automotive Production;Feb96, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p50
Discusses the importance of speed in removing metal by the thin-film coating that lengthens the tool life and diminishes tool wear in aluminum machining operations. Important issue in high-speed machining; Difference between the balance tool holder offered by most companies; Reason why tool...
- Expanding the envelope. Beard, Thomas L. // Modern Machine Shop;Jul97, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p6
Discusses the coverage of high-speed machining in the August 1997 issue of the periodical `Modern Machine Shop.' Background of the technology of high-speed machining; Aspects contributing to the practicability of the process.
- It takes an industry. Koepfer, G. Chris // Modern Machine Shop;Aug97, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p10
Discusses how the `Modern Machine Shop' editorial staff researched for the articles included in the periodical's special issue about high speed machining. Difficulty in seeing the topic holistically; Generosity of the sources; Aim to elevate the industry's level of quality and efficiency.
- It's within your grasp--it will extend your reach. Albert, Mark // Modern Machine Shop;Aug97, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p60
Discusses high speed machining and its diverse applications. Concept of high speed machining; High speed machining in mold and die, aerospace and automotive industries; Challenges in regard to the workpiece materials and lot sizes; Emphasis on different technologies to solve divergent problems;...
- Making machines move faster. Beard, Tom // Modern Machine Shop;Aug97, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p72
Focuses on the enabling technologies of a high speed machine center. Spindle technology; Utilization of hybrid ceramic bearings in combination with oil lubrication; Motion control; Block processing time; Mechanical system requirements; Linear motor machines; Responsive servo system; Issue of...
- Rumping up to high speed machining. Koepfer, Chris // Modern Machine Shop;Aug97, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p138
Offers advice on ways to better utilize a shop's existing stable of machine in order to increase machining speeds and begin to take advantage of the benefits of high speed machining. Auxiliary equipment that can help older machines cut faster; Process components; Reduction of the depth of cut...
- High speed machining tips. // Automotive Production;Mar1996, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p39
Presents an information from Delcam International regarding the use of high-speed machining for mold manufacturing. How the programming for high-speed machining differs from conventional machining.