- ECD, Ovonic settle suit. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/08/96, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p29
Reports that Energy Conversion Devices Inc. and its subsidiary Ovonic Battery Co. Inc. has settled a patent-infringement suit in US District Court in Delaware.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's Detroit Business;8/16/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p38
This article presents business-related news, as of August 16, 2004. Rochester Hills-based Energy Conversion Devices Inc. (ECD) plans to use money from a patent case settlement to help move the company toward profitability. In July, 2004, ECD and Ovonic Battery Co. won a non-refundable patent...
- BRIEFLY. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p34
The article focuses on recent developments related to business in the U.S. Comerica Bank Inc. is scheduled to receive the 2006 Small Business Bank of the Year Award from the Export-Import Bank of the U.S., an independently run government-agency bank that helps finance U.S.-based businesses that...
- High-density battery. McCosh, D.; Murray, C. // Popular Science;Apr92, Vol. 240 Issue 4, p38
Gives details on a battery developed by Ovonic Battery Co. for use in electric vehicles. The company claims that its metal hydride battery could extend an electric vehicle's range, improve its acceleration, and more.
- Ovonic collects big bucks from Japanese battery makers. // Automotive Industries;Dec97, Vol. 177 Issue 12, p9
Focuses on Ovonic Battery Company of Troy, Michigan which has recognized and registered its patent for the nickelmetal hydride (NiMH) battery. Information on the battery; Amount of money Japanese NiHM battery manufacturers owe Ovonic Battery Company.
- ECD battery patent dispute heats up. Dietderich, Andrew // Automotive News;12/2/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6014, p22B
Focuses on the battery patent dispute between Energy Conversion Devices Inc. (ECD) of Rochester Hills, Michigan and three Japanese automobile companies Matsushita Battery Industrial Co. Ltd., Panasonic EV Energy Co. Ltd. and Toyota Motor Corp. Details of the dispute; Company that first filed...
- GM due to OK nattery venture. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;6/20/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5557, p1
Reports on the plan of General Motors (GM) to approve a proposed joint venture between GM and Ovonic Battery Co. to produce batteries for electric vehicles.
- Battery group gives $5 million to Ovonic. // Automotive News;8/29/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5567, p20
Reports on the United States Advanced Battery Consortium's (USABC) awarding of funds to Ovonic Battery Co. to conduct advanced development work on a nickel-metal-hydride battery. Ovonic as the first USABC development contractor; Background on USABC.
- Ovonic battery growing. // Crain's Detroit Business;6/03/96, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p22
Reports on Ovonic Battery Co.'s plan to add 5-60 jobs in 1997 to meet growing demand for nickel-metal-hydride batteries. Expansion cost; Design of nickel-metal-hydride batteries for electric vehicles.