North Shore pumps up
- Los Angeles City Fire Department orders 21 Pierce Registered Trademark Dash Registered Trademark 200 fire trucks. // Fleet Equipment;Oct98, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p75
Reports that the Los Angeles City Fire Department (LAFD) in Los Angeles, California, has ordered 21 fire trucks from the Pierce Manufacturing Inc. Comments from Captain Don Frazeur of the LAFD; Information on the fire trucks.
- Texas department to deploy all-Pierce Dash fleet. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/29/2013, p3
The article reports on an order received by custom fire and rescue apparatus manufacturer, Pierce Manufacturing, for a Dash CF 100-foot aerial platform from the Midlothian Fire Department in Texas.
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Apr2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p86
The article reports on the fire truck deliveries in the various fire departments in the U.S. The Bigfolk Fire Department in Montana took delivery of a 105-foot Smeal quint which is built on a Spartan Gladiator LFD chassis. Pierce Co. delivered a heavy-duty rescue pumper to the Crumpton Volunteer...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;May2009, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p76
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to fire departments development. The Pagosa Fire Department Protection District has received the delivery of four-wheel drive engine that was built on a Spartan Gladiator chassis in Pagosa Spring, Colorado. Vermillion Fire Department bought 105-Smeal...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Jun2006, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p88
The article reports developments related to fire departments in the U.S. It features the fire truck bought by West Lake, Panama's Fire Department from Marion Body Works Inc. The Lawrence Cedarhurst Fire Department purchased a Saulsbury pumper from E-ONE Inc. A contender tanker was delivered by...
- Toronto Takes Delivery of Pierce Quint, Pumper. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;8/27/2012, p1
The article reports on the Pierce Manufacturing Inc.'s delivery of a 75-foot Pierce Ultimate Configuration (PUC) aerial ladder, a PUC pumper, and a heavy-duty rescue unit to Toronto Pearson International Airport Fire & Emergency Services.
- SETTING UP YOUR ATTACK PUMPER. Colella, Brian A. // Fire Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p22
The article provides tips on how small fire departments can be effective even with fewer resources. Lack of a variety of attack lines, difficulty in the attack teams reaching the lines and using an incorrect nozzle for the task are the factors affecting the poor pump panel design. Some...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p206
The article presents evaluations of several fire engines, including the E-One pumper, the Pierce pumper, and the SMEAL pumper.
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Jan2006, Vol. 159 Issue 1, p228
This article presents information on the activities of fire service companies and associations in the U.S. Pierce Manufacturing Inc. and its dealers provided fire trucks, food, and other emergency supplies to the needy in the aftermath of the two hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Ferrara Fire...