- SIRS Model of Passengers' Panic Propagation under Self-Organization Circumstance in the Subway Emergency. Haifeng Zhao; Jie Jiang; Rongyu Xu; Yang Ye // Mathematical Problems in Engineering;2014, p1
Subway emergency may lead to passengers' panic, especially under self-organizing circumstance, which will spread rapidly and have an adverse impact on the society. This paper builds an improved SIRS model of passengers' panic spread in subway emergency with consideration of passengers' density,...
- Presagis to Deliver Visual Database for F-16 Mission Training Center. // Military Technology;2012, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that Elbit Systems has contracted Presagis Inc. to build a visual database based on the Common Database (CDB) specification, which will be used on the former's mission training centre (MTC) for Israel Air Force's pilots for F-16C/D and F16I fighter aircraft.
- Thought Leader tracks the brain's reactions. // Professional Engineering;3/8/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p44
The article reports on the use of computer simulation by training and management consultant Thought Leader to track the way the brain thinks and reacts under several situations. A software is used to allow users to see how their brain makes links between various information to reach a decision.
- Evaluation of the teaching software 'SimNerv'. // Pflugers Archiv European Journal of Physiology;Apr2000 Supplement, Vol. 439, pR438
An abstract of the article "Evaluation of the teaching software SimNerv" is presented. It evaluates SimNerv regarding its user-friendliness, effect on learning, preferences between simulation and real experiment and other topics by asking 155 students anonymously. Questions on user-friendliness...
- Computer Simulation Techniques for Research on Guidance Problems. Helm, Carl // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Sep67, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p47
The possibilities of the use of a computer to facilitate the clarification and testing of counseling theory is discussed. Test interpretations by a psychologist and by a computer are presented.
- Recoding low-level simulator data into a record of meaningful task performance: The integrated task modeling environment (ITME). King, Robert; Parker, Simon; Mouzakis, Kon; Fletcher, Winston; Fitzgerald, Patrick // Behavior Research Methods;Nov2007, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p852
The Integrated Task Modeling Environment (ITME) is a user-friendly software tool that has been developed to automatically recode low-level data into an empirical record of meaningful task performance. The present research investigated and validated the performance of the ITME software package by...
- WAR GAMES. Howard, Courtney E. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov2006, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p30
The article reports on the integration of real military training to computer war games. Paul Kruzsewski, chief technology officer at Engenuity Technologies in Montreal, comments on the different goals of commercial gaming businesses and military training and simulation companies, as well as...
- Software Design Tool for HMIs. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2005, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p36
The article reviews the VAPS software tool, VAPS XT developed by Engenuity Technologies Inc.
- The new power of low-cost CADD and simulation. Orr, Joel // R&D Magazine;Jan97, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p56C
Reports on the abilities of low-cost CADD computer software and computer simulation in the United States. List of less expensive design systems; Conceptual evolution of design automation; Description of Visio and TriSpectives computer software.