- IAFC asks for stand-down to pursue confined space training. // Fire Engineering;Aug2010, Vol. 163 Issue 8, p44
The article reports that a stand-down has been recommended by the Safety, Health and Survival Section (SHSS) of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFCS) to prevent a repeat of two confined space rescue incidents that endangered the lives of several firefighters.
- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/26/2010, Vol. 114 Issue 34, p8
A photograph of the fireman from Greater Springfield Volunteer Fire Department (GSVFD) in a house fire rescue operation on August 20, 2010 is presented.
- Timber frame block destroyed. // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2009, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that a fire destroyed a timber-frame block of flats which was under construction during a fire in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England. It states that fire crews had rescued two people who were trapped in a neighbouring house and were brought to the hospital due to the...
- Firefighters as American heroes. SP1TZENBERGER, RAY // East Bernard Express (TX);7/25/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 30, p4
The article presents the author's views on firefighters of the U.S. who keeps their life in danger for rescuing people from fires in return of which they receives little or no financial compensation.
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p142
The article offers information on several conferences, exhibitions, courses and seminars related to fire engineering for July-September 2008 in the U.S., including the Montana State Firemen's Convention on July-11 in Great Falls, Montana, the Rope Rescue Awareness and Operations on August 4-6 in...
- WHEN VEHICLES ARE DRIVEN THROUGH BUSINESS STOREFRONTS. Gustin, Sill // Fire Engineering;Nov2006, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p67
The article discusses the incidents of vehicles aimed through business storefronts in the U.S. The firefighters responding is faced with problems of a fire, a heavy rescue operation and a multiple-casualty incident when the number of victims outmatch the capabilities of first responders. The...
- New Process for Administering Written Examinations. Howes, Lori // UFRA Straight Tip;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p17
The article offers information on the process for administering written examinations for firefighters in Utah. Steps in administering written examinations include handing the candidate a pre-assembled packet, sealing the packet with to be opened by candidate only seal, and opening the packet...
- Fire chiefs expand program for Fire-Rescue International. // Professional Safety;May95, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p66
Reports on the Fire-Rescue International '95 to be held on September 9-13, 1995 in Louisville, Kentucky. International Association of Fire Chiefs as co-sponsor.
- IAFC presentations include first `Chief of the Year' awards. // Fire Engineering;Dec96, Vol. 149 Issue 12, p27
Reports on the presentation of awards to firefighters at the 1996 Fire-Rescue International, sponsored by the International Association of Fire Chiefs. Selection of John Buckman as Volunteer Chief of the Year; Selection of Stephen Paulsell as Career Chief of the Year.