Managing Generation Y
- Managing Generation X. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2004, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
Discusses the management of young people in the workplace according to Bruce Tulgan, author of several books and founder of Rainmaker Thinking. Attitude of young people toward work; Implication of generational conflict; Information on the changes in the business environment.
- Young employees: a frustrating generational necessity. // Wire Journal International;Apr2013, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p70
An excerpt from the presentation made by Bruce Tulgan, author of the book "Managing Generation X," to the Wire Association International's (WAI's) New England Chapter regarding leadership and management issues, is presented.
- Gen X: work force on the cusp. Duff, Susanne // Employee Benefit News;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p1
Presents comments from Bruce Tulgan, founder of consulting firm Rainmaker Thinking, about Generation X employees. Disloyalty issue; Ways for employers to communicate with Generation X employees.
- Business leaders urged to cut job responsibility. Pickard, Jane // People Management;5/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p14
Gives pieces of advice on how employers should cope through recession and deal with redundancies. Recommendation of Stephane Garelli, professor at IMD Business School in Switzerland, to human resource managers; Suggestion from Bruce Tulgan, author of the 1995 book `Managing Generation X';...
- MANAGING THE NEW YOUNG GENERATION OF WORKERS. // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p16
The article offers guidelines on how to manage Generation Y employees in the U.S. According to Bruce Tulgan, founder of Rainmaker Thinking Inc., the main trait of the Generation Y is self-confidence the willingness to believe in themselves. It highlights the book "Not Everyone Gets a Trophy: How...
- The art of managing. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2006, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p72
The article discusses the views of performance management expert Bruce Tulgan on management. The complaints raised by managers on managing people are cited. The disadvantages of the hands-off approach to management when the workplace becomes increasingly pressure-packed are revealed. The concept...
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;5/31/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p9
Presents news briefs on personnel management as of May 31, 2001. View of author Bruce Tulgan on employee loyalty; Claim of Melanie Fyans, diversity consultant for the National Building Society, regarding the importance of communicating the benefits of work-life balance policies to employees.
- Are You a Bully at Work? // Business NH Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the survey related to workplace behavior conducted by the Employment Law Alliance in California. Of the 1,000 employees surveyed, 44 percent said that bullying occurs at work including mockery and personal insults to job criticism. Moreover, older and more highly educated...
- barometer result. // Personnel Today;10/9/2007, p2
The article presents the findings of a survey in which readers were asked to suggest whether their organizations were age compliant. About 55 percent of respondents answered in affirmative. Apart from this, the article also solicits readers' perspectives on whether their organizations gave...