Hybra-Drive plans hydraulic hybrid
- Road test: hydraulic hybrids. Skydel, Seth // Fleet Equipment;Aug2008, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the selection of Hybra-Drive Systems LLC to construct three Class 6 hydraulic hybrid delivery trucks for testing by United Parcel Service of America Inc. (UPS), FedEx Ground and Purolator. This technology is a project of the Hybrid Truck Users Forum (HTUF). It notes that...
- Mack partners with DOE on vehicle research. // Bulk Transporter;Sep2007, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p42
The article reports on the disclosure of Mack Trucks, provider of truck services and accessories in the trucking industry, that it will coordinate with the U.S. Dept. Of Energy in developing environment friendly commercial vehicle technologies. Such partnership was said to be relevant to the...
- WESTINGHOUSE DEVELOPING SOLID-OXIDE FUEL CELL TECHNOLOGY. // Design News;8/26/91, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p14
Reports on the collaboration between Westinghouse Electric Corp. and the U.S. Department of Energy to develop solid-oxide fuel cell technology in the U.S. Amount involved in the collaboration; Efficiency of the technology; Schedule of commercialization.
- DOE INTRODUCES LIGHTING-FACTS LABEL. // EDN;2/4/2010, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p54
The article reports on the partnership between the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and the Next Generation Lighting Industry Alliance (NGLIA) to create the solid-state-lighting (SSL) quality-advocates program and lighting-facts label.
- DOE program gets seventh partner. // Industry Week/IW;07/20/98, Vol. 247 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the seventh collaborative agreement of the United States Department of Energy (DOE) with an energy-intensive manufacturing sector. Benefits of Industries of the Future program; Advantages of the partnership.
- California dominates 2003 AIA Top 10 Green Projects. Snoonian, Deborah // Architectural Record;May2003, Vol. 191 Issue 5, p54
This article reports that a housing complex, an education center, and a forensics laboratory were among the 2003 Top 10 Green Projects announced by the AIA's Committee on the Environment (COTE), in partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy, on Earth Day, April 22, 2003.Only one of the 10...
- 2015 by the numbers. CRISSEY, JEFF // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2015, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p6
Statistics are presented regarding the trucking industry in the world including the forecasted production units of Class 8 trucks in the U.S. in North America in 2015, according to ACT Research, the radom drug testing rate at which the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration will...
- Cummins aims to make market gains. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;3/20/2013, p15
The article evaluates the business plans of Cummins for the global truck engine business. It informs that the firm plans to beef up its market share by leveraging its worldwide manufacturing and engineering scale as well as through critical partnerships and joint venture. The article also...
- Volvo partners with DOE. // Fleet Owner;Aug2007, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p49
The article reports that Sweden's Volvo Group, including Mack Trucks Inc., is partnering with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for a project to develop environmentally friendly commercial vehicle technologies. The initial goal is to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from trucks by more than 10...