ArvinMeritor to spin off its LVS business
- ArvinMeritor to spin off its Light Vehicle Systems business. // Bulk Transporter;Jun2008, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p39
The article reports on the approval of the board of directors of ArvinMeritor Inc. to spin off its Light Vehicle Systems (LVS) business to ArvinMeritor shareholders in Troy, Michigan. The planned spinoff would mean that only Commercial Vehicle Systems (CVS) business would remain with...
- Proxy Corner. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p54
Focuses on the operation of ArvinMeritor Inc. in Troy, Michigan. Financial condition of the company; Market value of common stocks; Number of common shares of stockholders.
- corporation. Stim, Richard // Contracts: The Essential Business Desk Reference;2010, p114
An encyclopedia entry for "corporation" is presented. Corporation refers to a business entity in which the owners hold shares and elect a board of directors that directs management. The owners/shareholders of a corporation, directors and employees are not personally liable for the business...
- ArvinMeritor reviews spinoff. // Automotive News;11/3/2008, Vol. 83 Issue 6332, p3
The article reports that supplier ArvinMeritor Inc. has said that it is reviewing alternatives to a planned spinoff of its light-vehicle unit to shareholders because of tough market conditions. ArvinMeritor also said it was reducing its global work force by 1250 employees or about 7 percent.
- The Task Ahead: Reward Individual Contribution. Meyer, Pearl // Directors & Boards;Spring93, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p38
The author discusses the developments in board directors' compensation in the U.S. He outlines the effects of the developments on both the directors and their compensation. He explores the expected expanded role for stock and a change in emphasis in the use of cash compensation at the board...
- The thin edge of the wedge. Kaback, Hoffer // Directors & Boards;2007 3rd Quarter, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p8
The author comments on the issue of say-on-pay, which he refers to a catch-phrase for laws that give shareholders of corporations a vote on how much the boards of directors will be remunerated. He argues that in order to have an informed view about say-on-pay, he believes that directors first...
- Size vs Strength: The Making of Stockholder Wealth. Fuqua, J. B. // Directors & Boards;Winter84, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses how companies increase the value of the stockholders' interest. A conducted study in 1983 showed that in an acquisition, the stockholders of the acquired company benefits from the acquisition rather than the stockholders of the acquiring company. The article suggests that...
- Masco to sell off services units. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/1/2014, pA02
The building products maker will spin off its Masco Contractor Services and Service Partners units to boost shareholder value.
- Dana snubs rival's bid. // Plastics News;7/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p4
Dana Corp. has rejected an unsolicited bid by competitor ArvinMeritor Inc. Troy, Michigan-based ArvinMeritor launched a bid July 08, 2003 for Toledo, Ohio-based Dana in an offer worth $4.4 billion, half in cash, the rest in debt assumption. Both companies produce metal automotive parts, but both...