Hayes Lemmerz to close Georgia facility
- Hayes Lemmerz Will Close Wheel Plant in Continued Downsizing. // Modern Casting;Jun2008, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p11
The article reports that the aluminum wheel metalcasting facility of Hayes Lemmerz International Inc. in Gainesville, Georgia will be shut down by the end of December 2008. According to a company press release, the closing was due to overcapacity and competition in the light vehicle aluminum...
- Hayes Lemmerz Will Close Wheel Plant in Continued Downsizing. // Modern Casting;Jun2008, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the plan of Hayes Lemmerz International inc. to shut down its aluminum wheel facility in Gainesville, Georgia. According to a company press release, the facility will be closed by December 2008 because of increasing competition in the light vehicle aluminum wheel market...
- supply line. Miller, Rick // Automotive News Europe;12/12/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p28
The article presents updates related to the automobile industry as of December 12, 2005. There is report that a part of MG Rover's former assembly site in Longbridge, England will be utilized to make body shells for Formula One and other niche cars. Hayes Lemmerz International increased its...
- Overcapacity, Imports Cited in Hayes Lemmerz Closing. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jun2008, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the plan of Hayes Lemmerz International Inc. to close one its aluminum wheel plant in Gainesville, Georgia due to global overcapacity in the founding sector for light vehicle aluminum wheels. The closing is part of the company's effort to focus its business on the right...
- EXLUSIVE RIGHTS TO WHEEL TECHNOLOGY. Koucky, Sherri; Mraz, Stephen // Machine Design;11/16/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 22, p33
Reports that Epilogics Group has granted Hayes Lemmerz worldwide exclusive rights to the Kuhl Wheel technology. Features of the wheels.
- Now That's a Diet! Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;May2000, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p91
Focuses on the lightweight microalloy steel wheel developed by Hayes Lemmerz International Inc., an automotive supplier, with the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI). Use of a spin-thinning process to develop the lightweight steel wheel; Amount of weight savings per wheel of the steel...
- Hayes Lemmerz expanding its wheel product lines. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p104
Reports on the plan of the International and North American Wheel groups of Hayes Lemmerz International Inc. to expand their product lines for 2006. Location of the production of the aluminum wheels in North America; Overview of Hayes Lemmerz in Europe.
- Hayes Lemmerz Receives Volkswagen of Brazil Supplier Award. White, Rob // Automotive Industries;Aug2006, Vol. 186 Issue 8, p28
The article reports on the 2005 supplier award received by the steel wheel manufacturing operations of Hayes Lemmerz International Inc. in Guarulhos, Brazil, from Volkswagen of Brazil. The award recognizes the company for its steel wheels, in the category of Logistics - Domestic Productive...
- Aluminum wheels expected to lead Hayes-Lemmerz expansion. Whitbread, Colin // Automotive News Europe;04/23/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p22
Forecasts the market growth of the European cast aluminum wheel business of Hayes-Lemmerz in 2001. European sales of the company in 2000; Market share of the company in the aluminum wheel business; Market condition of the aluminum wheel business.