UPS places with FCCC the largest order of alternative-fuel vehicles on record
- UPS to deploy hydraulic hybrids. // Fleet Owner Blog;10/ 8/2012, p2
The article focuses on the planned 40 hydraulic hybrid vehicles to be added by UPS in Baltimore, Maryland and Atlanta, Georgia before the end of 2012. Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. and Parker Hannifin Corp. developed the vehicles, which promises to deliver up to 35% in fuel economy and 30%...
- FCCC delivers 40 hydraulic hybrids to UPS. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p25
The article reports on the 40 hydraulic hybrid vehicles (HHVs) delivered by Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. (FCCC) to Georgia-based United Parcel Services (UPS) for deployment in the Baltimore area and the Atlanta area as part of the U.S. Department of Energy's Clean Cities program.
- UPS adds 130 more vehicles. // Fleet Owner;Nov2011, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p64
The article reports that United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) is adding 130 hybrid-electric vehicles (HEV) to its fleet in the U.S. The new vans are Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp.'s trucks which have hybrid power system to be operated in California, New Jersey and California. The company...
- Big Brown turning green. // Fleet Owner;Jun2008, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p17
The article reports the purchase of 200 hybrid diesel-electric delivery vans and 300 walk-in vans by UPS from Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. (FCCC) in the U.S. The 500 green vehicles are claimed to be placed in daily delivery operations throughout the nation. The 300 vans, which are powered...
- UPS adding more fuel-efficient vehicles. // South Texas Automotive Report;Jun2008, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p9
The article reports that shipping carrier United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) has ordered 200 hybrid electric vehicles and 300 compressed natural gas vehicles. The new vehicles will increase the company's alternative fuel fleet to 2,218. The orders were placed in relation to the company's effort to...
- UPS Fleet Adds Freightliner CCC All-Electric Walk-In Vans. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;7/10/2012, p4
The article reports that Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. (FCCC) has delivered two of its all-electric MT E-CELL walk-in vans to United Parcle Service (UPS). The zero-fuel-usage, zero-emissions vehicles will be deployed in UPS' fleet serving Laguna Hills, Calif. The comments of Mike Stark, FCCC...
- Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation delivers all-electric walk-in vans to UPS. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2012, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p12
The article reports that Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation (FCCC) completed its delivery of 2 of its all-electric MT E-CELL walk-in vans to UPS to be deployed to UPS's fleet serving Laguna Hills, California.
- LIGHT and MEDIUM Duty Marketplace. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 168 Issue 7, p32
This section offers news briefs related to commercial carriers operating in the light and medium duty marketplace. More than 2,000 gasoline-powered walk-in van chassis have been ordered by UPS from Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. Mitsubishi Fuso Truck of America's full warranty package will...
- FCCC. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Sep2010, Vol. 109 Issue 9, pC30
A preview of the 2011 walk-in van chassis models from Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. (FCCC) is presented.