New trucks revised up for April
- China's Heavy Truck Demand Stays Weak in 1Q: ACT. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;7/ 2/2012, p4
The article discusses the findings of the China Commercial Vehicle Outlook in the first quarter of 2012 which shows a decline in heavy-duty truck production due to a weak freight market and a higher demand for bus production resulting from expected growth in the travel industry.
- Truck Demand to Surge, But Not Until Next Year. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/12/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p8
The article forecasts a 3 percent increase in demand for class 8 heavy trucks in 2010, and a 50 percent increase in 2011, based on research conducted by FTR Associates.
- Will California be tops for reefers? // Commercial Carrier Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p25
Reports on the top U.S. states in terms of demand for trucks in 2003, according to the CCJ Equipment Demand Index. Rank of California in terms of demand for refrigerated trucks; Objective of the index.
- Heavy-duty vehicle demand stays healthy. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2010, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that strong recovery in net margins for publicly traded truckload companies in the second quarter of 2010 is expected to drive continued improvement in demand for heavy-duty vehicles and trailers according to ACT Research Company.
- Preliminary Class 8 Orders Up 11% in March: FTR. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;4/ 3/2013, p4
The article reports that preliminary March 2013 Class 8 truck net orders were 21,817 units which when combined with January/February 2013 orders resulted to an annualized rate of 266,808 units in the first three months. The data suggest that market has stabilized with positive potential for the...
- More Renault trucks for UK -- but queues to continue. Avison, Roanna // Commercial Motor;11/15/2007, Vol. 206 Issue 5255, p13
The article reports on a statement from Renault Trucks UK managing director (MD) Laurent Farman that Renault's lead times will not improve in 2008 even though Great Britain will get a larger proportion of the manufacturer's output. Farman explains that the manufacturer will struggle to meet...
- Replacement demand remains key truck-sales driver. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;2/6/2012, p5
The article presents an outlook for sales of trucks in the U.S. in 2012. It predicts strong truck sales because of the need to replace aging equipment, especially in the Class 8 segment. It notes strong North American orders for commercial trucks. The article attributes the demand to higher...
- Truck makers take a bullish line as major show draws near. // Motor Transport;7/15/2004, p11
Reports on an improvement in the performance of the truck industry in Europe, as of July 2004. Status of truck prices; Information on a truck show to be held in Hanover, Germany in September; Forecast on the demand for home delivery vehicles.
- End of Year Surge? Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;7/5/99, Vol. 259 Issue 1, p23
Questions on the end of year surge for truck industries in the United States. Promise of trucking to be an ever-evolving industry; Surge in the demand; Difficulty in raising rates in an era of historically low inflation and cutthroat competition.