Extending Motor Life With Optimal Flux
- AC Adjustable Speed Drives. Cleaveland, Peter // Control Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p73
The article presents the results of a survey conducted by "Control Engineering" on the preferences of subscribers on alternating current (ac) adjustable speed drives or variable frequency drives (VFDs). Of the 317 respondents, 57% buy drives for in-plant requirements while 24% buy for original...
- NEMA releases energy management guide for electric motors. Heney, Paul J. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics (1996);Feb2002, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p62
Reports the distribution of MG 10-2001, an energy management guide for selection and use of fixed frequency medium alternating current squirrel-cage polyphase induction motor by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association. Pricing; Contact information.
- Analysis on Power Loss of the Three-phase Induction Motor Fed by VVVF under Constant Torque Load. Meng Wu; Xue Shen Cui; Jun Chi Li // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 630-642, p1207
For air fan and water pump load, variable voltage and variable frequency (VVVF) energy-saving effect is very significant. This paper focuses on the study of energy-saving effect implemented by converter of the motor at constant torque load. In order to analyze the influence of the loss...
- Minimizing AC Induction Motor Slip. Peltola, Mauri // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Apr2004, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p28
Explores the reason for alternating current induction motor slip and ways to minimize it. Benefits of the AC induction motor; Limitations; Basic assemblies of an AC induction motor; Importance of motor slip for torque generation; Equation of a slip of an induction motor; Methods to reduce slip;...
- Innovations. // Appliance Manufacturer;Mar1996, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p48
Features various motors, fans and blowers. Includes type S DC permanent-magnet gear motor from Barber-Colma; SmartFan AC-J Speed Controller; DC motors from Kimco Magnetics.
- Design Considerations for the Volutes of Centrifugal Fans and Compressors. Pan, D; Whitfield, A; Wilson, M // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part C;1999, Vol. 213 Issue 4, p401
The initial conceptual design of centrifugal fan and compressor volutes is considered and extended to accommodate overhung volute designs often used in process and turbocharger compressors. The initial passage design is then developed through the application of a commercial computational fluid...
- Innovations. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jun96, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p37
Features fans and blower equipment. Description; Performance.
- Air-Moving Products Strive For Efficiency. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/17/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 7, p19
Focuses on the exhibition of various fans and blowers during the 2003 Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition in Chicago, Illinois. Specifications of the multi-port fan manufactured by the American Aldes company; Reliability of the centrifugal duct fans distributed by Aeroflo Inc.;...
- Innovations. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jun95, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p77
Introduces fans, blowers and related equipment and supplies. Brushless direct current centrifugal blowers; Six millimeter thick direct current brushless fan; OMEGA Rotary Blower brochure; All-plastic 4715 KL axial cooling fan; Mallory Jamicon JF Series.