- Chapter 5: Assessing Dispositions. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M.; Mozen, Diana // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p451
Examines the attitudes and beliefs of student teachers about teaching, physical education and learners in Atlanta, Georgia. Perceptions toward the Physical Education Teacher Education program in Georgia State University; Assessment of the dispositions among student teachers; Details on the...
- The Impact of a Field-Based Elementary Physical Education Methods Course on Preservice Classroom Teachers' Beliefs. Xiang, Ping; Lowy, Susan; McBride, Ron // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p145
The present study focused on preservice classroom teachers' beliefs about elementary physical education and the impact of a field-based elementary physical education methods course on their beliefs. Participants (N=97) completed questionnaires at the beginning and at the end of the course....
- Observation and Analysis of Skills of Student Teachers in Physical Education. McCallister, Sarah G.; Napper-Owen, Gloria // Physical Educator;Late Winter99, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p19
Discusses a study which identified the observations of student teachers and responses during physical instruction at the secondary level. Student response to instruction category; Function of teacher behaviors; Implications of the study.
- Chapter 7: Assessing Pedagogical Knowledge. Metzler, Michael W.; Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Mozen, Diana M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p487
Examines the pedagogical knowledge of student teachers in accordance with the National Standards for Beginning Physical Education Teachers. Scope of the general pedagogical knowledge; Evidence of the pedagogical knowledge of students in class management and interaction with learners; Standards...
- Preservice Physical Education Teacher Attitudes Toward Fitness Tests and the Factors Influencing Their Attitudes. Xiaofen Deng Keating; Silverman, Stephen; Kulinna, Pamela Hodges // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p193
This study examined preservice teacher (PT) attitudes toward fitness tests in schools. A total of 613 PTs at 10 state universities took part in the study. Participants completed a previously validated instrument designed to measure the affective and cognitive components of attitude toward...
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- Chapter 6: Assessing Knowledge. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p476
Examines the knowledge areas in the Physical Education Teacher Education assessment program. Level of knowledge on physical education content and movement; Analysis of the written final exams from the introductory methods courses; Competency of the knowledge standard of student teachers with...