Pittsburgh International Airport Spreads Its Wings
- Pittsburgh airport files high with new energy management system. // Engineered Systems;Oct2011, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p22
The article reports on the improved energy management system in Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania using Honeywell International Inc.'s Enterprise Buildings Integrator (EBI) management system. It states that PIT implemented the EBI system to help increase airport...
- Pittsburgh hub. // Architectural Record;Jun1993, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p100
Features the Midfield Terminal Complex at Pittsburgh International Airport in Pennsylvania. Hub-and-spoke system in airline design; Tasso Katselas Associates (TKA), designer; Criteria for design decisions; Separate ticketing and boarding into `landside' and `airside' terminals; X-shaped airside...
- Revolutionary terminal opens era in Pittsburgh. Fotos, Christopher P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/5/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 14, p37
Describes the new midfield terminal at Greater Pittsburgh International Airport, which features a unique X-shape developed by architect Tasso Katselas, the tallest FAA control tower in the nation and contains 50 competing retail tenants. The Oct. 1 opening marks a new approach to the management...
- Airport of tomorrow, today. Brown, Ann // Black Enterprise;Jan1993, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p93
Highlights the Pittsburgh International Airport, a virtual self-enclosed city. Opening of the new terminal in October 1992; Size of the complex; Attractions; Projections on the number of people the terminal can handle per year; More.
- Commissioners push to create an authority to run Pittsburgh airport. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/02/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30243, p29
Reports on Allegheny County, Pennsylvania commissioners' plan to create an authority to operate the Pittsburgh International Airport. Airport union's scheduled meeting with county solicitor Kerry Fraas to discuss labor-management issues relating to a change in administration; Skepticism over...
- Pittsburgh expanding capacity with midfield terminal project. Fotos, C.P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/12/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 24, p329
Discusses the midfield terminal project at Greater Pittsburgh International Airport and the expanded capacities and thousands of new jobs it will create. Terminal layout; Funding.
- New Pittsburgh terminal heralds the future. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/12/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 15, p44
Presents a photo essay of the Greater Pittsburgh International Airport's new midfield terminal, whose X-shape allows for easy expansion. It features a people-mover, train connections between terminals and laser scanners that read bar-coded luggage routing tags.
- New airport installs electric monitoring submeters at gates. // Engineered Systems;Oct95, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the installation of electric monitoring submeters at the gates of Greater Pittsburgh International Airport. Determination of power consumption and demand.
- PROJECTS 3,000 SALES/WK.: Villa Pizza debuts at Pittsburgh Intl. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the opening of Villa Pizza in Pittsburgh International Airport in Pennsylvania. Types and prices of pizzas available; Brief information on Villa Pizza's breakfast program; Factors that helped increase the number of customers.