Shopping for the Best Security
- Goodbye Multifamily, Hellow Retail. Lewis, Steve // Shopping Center World;Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the decision of Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PREIT) to shift focus from multifamily to retail-REIT. Deals for significant mall portfolio; Decision to buy malls from The Rouse Co.; Performance of tax-advantaged transaction.
- PEI Closes Secured Credit. // National Mortgage News;3/29/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p13
The article reports on the decision of Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust to close on a secured credit facility with 150 million dollars revolving line of credit and 529 million dollars of term loans with its bank group, headed by Wells Fargo Bank in the U.S.
- Pennsylvania REIT reports net income gain. // National Real Estate Investor;Apr94, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p16
Presents the financial report of Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust in fiscal 1994.
- REIT obtains credit, acquisition facilities. // National Real Estate Investor;Jan95, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p10
Reports that Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust has obtained $110 million in revolving credit and acquisition facilities. Core States Bank as agent for the facilities; Breakdown of the amounts allocated for each credit facility.
- Rubin Organization agrees to be bought. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/1/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 23, p2
Discloses that the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based real estate company Rubin Organization has agreed to be acquired by Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PREIT) in a deal valued at $260 million. Significance of the merger; Difficulties in retailing and real estate; Terms of the...
- The Mall at Prince Georges Adds Value, Multiplies Savings for Local Shoppers this Back-to-School Season. // Washington Informer;8/19/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 44, p16
The article reports on the launch of an added value Back-to-School promotion by Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PREIT) with 40 participating shopping centers which include the Mall at Prince George's County in Maryland. It mentions that the promo integrates a gift with purchase with...
- THE BOTTOM LINE. // SCTWeek;3/1/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p6
The article announces that the fourth-quarter funds at Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PREIT) generated from it operations have fallen to $29.7 million from $36 million in 2012 due to a loss of $10.4 million associated to costs incurred in job cuts, dividends payment, and other...
- PREIT's Woodland Mall a solid buy, observer says. // SCTXtra;1/9/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the purchase of Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Woodland Mall by the company Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PREIT). The mall was bought from affiliates of Taubman Centers Inc. and Prudential Financial Inc. by PREIT for $177.4million. Richard Vida, senior adviser...
- A HELPING HAND. // Retail Traffic;Feb2009, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p16
The article offers information on the assistance accorded by Cafaro Co. and Pennsylvania real estate investment trust (PREIT) in Reading Pennsylvania. Both firms gave $30 million to former chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Albert Boscov to bail out the company and continue its...