Retrofit with Finance Card
- Spins, Stalls, and Shutdowns: Pitfalls of Qualitative Policing and Security Research. Lippert, Randy K.; Walby, Kevin; Wilkinson, Blair // Forum: Qualitative Social Research;2016, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p215
This article explores key elements of qualitative research on policing and security agencies, including barriers encountered and strategies to prevent them. While it is oft-assumed that policing/security agencies are difficult to access due to their clandestine or bureaucratic nature, this...
- Shootings heighten college safety concerns. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;2/25/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the move of colleges and universities in the U.S. to beef up their security and emergency response procedures. At Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois, the college has nearly completed installing an emergency communications system, which includes an electronic message...
- Investigating staffing dilemmas. King, James D. // American School & University;Dec96, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p41
Deals with school security staffing issues. Factors to consider before deciding to hand over responsibility for school security; Description of an average security guard; Amount of state-mandated training; Hiring of off-duty police officers; Use of district employees.
- Coming clean on campus crime. // Glamour;May91, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p96
Editorial. Looks at a new law that, beginning in 1992, requires colleges receiving federal aid to disclose campus security procedures and on-campus crime statistics. Background on law; How law will help; What law won't disclose.
- Gaining access. Wand, Stan; Thermos, Adam C. // American School & University;Jun98, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p34A
Focuses on the effort of universities and colleges in the United States to install card-access-control systems that provide everything from entry to a residence hall to the ability to make purchases off-campus. Criteria for access-control technology selection; Important aspect of card-access...
- ALERT! Violino, Bob // Community College Journal;Apr/May2008, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p16
The article discusses the impact of the tragic shootings at Northern Illinois University to various colleges and universities in the U.S. Because of the tragic event that happened in Northern Illinois University, a growing number of community colleges have begun deploying emergency alert systems...
- Police on campus bring security to Jefferson schools. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p44
Focuses on the services provided by the Police On Campus unit of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office. History of the campus program; Number of police officers detailed on the program; Cumulative arrest data and achievements of the unit.
- Detecting crime. Probst, Tom // American School & University;Dec96, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p22
Discusses how electronic alarm systems can enhance the overall security program of an educational institution. Two types of electronic security systems; Placement of detectors; Protecting specialized areas. INSET: Keeping accurate records..
- WHO'S PATROLLING THE CAMPUS? // American School & University;Apr2008, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p10
A chart is presented that lists the number of U.S. college campuses in percentages, including the number of colleges being patrolled with armed law-enforcement officers, those with a three-digit emergency number, and those with blue-light emergency phones.