Verizon Eager to FiOS-ize NYC
- Small provider could get squeezed in cable war. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;7/21/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p23
The article reports that entry of Verizon Communications Inc. into the cable television (TV) market of New York City may affect small providers like RCN Corp. It mentions that as the New York Public Service Commission gave Verizon final approval to offer cable TV, it will be trying to steal...
- Pittsfield ain't da Dodgers. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;11/30/98, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the decision of the New York Franchise and Concession Review Committee to award sole rights to the New York Mets baseball team to negotiate with the city for use of the proposed minor-league baseball park in Brooklyn, New York. Reaction of Brooklyn Borough president Howard Golden;...
- City tech agency now has more riding on the lines. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;11/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p45
Reports on expansion plans of New York City's Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT). Purpose of the agency behind constructing telecommunication networks; Appointment of more employees in the agency's call center; Proposal of DoITT to expand the agency's franchise...
- City offices on-line (not on lines). Shannon, Meg // Crain's New York Business;04/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p42
Focuses on the Web sites of government agencies in New York. Types of services offered by various agency Web sites; Consolidation of agency Web offerings in New York City through the city's Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications; Traffic on government Web sites.
- New York City uses wireless for disaster. // Communications News;May96, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p40
Reports on the City of New York's announcement of plans for strengthening is urban telecommunications system with the addition of seven T1 millimeter wave links for voice and data. Reason for choosing millimeter; New York's Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications' (DoITT) use...
- Domestic violence victims take 'STEPS' to a new career. TUITT, KORI // New York Amsterdam News;1/24/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the move of the New York City Department of Information, Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT) in collaborating with the mayor's office and NetApp Inc. to provide the Supported Training and Employment Preparation Services (STEPS) program to domestic violence victims.
- Alley layoffs a surprising boon to City Hall. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p51
Focuses on the dismissal of employees at high technology companies in New York City. Boon to the recruiting efforts of New York City's Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications; End of private-sector year 2000 projects; Drive to put more government services on-line.
- New York approves changes in Empire line construction. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug93, Vol. 220 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the New York Public Service Commission's approval of a change in direction of drilling the Empire Pipeline under the Tonawanda Channel of the Niagara River. Start of operation; Movement of drilling site from residential area.
- New York PSC homes in on `stranded' deal. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/30/98, Vol. 64 Issue 13, p6
Presents information on discussions being held between the New York Public Service Commission and two firms from Wall Street, on a securitization that allow New York to securitize its stranded utility costs without obtaining legislative approval. Information on stranded costs; What New York's...