LOOKING UP -- FOR NOW
- Equities Special Situations Complete Recommendations. // Equities Special Situations;12/13/98, Issue 467, p8
Presents investment recommendations for various stocks in the United States. Price; bid; Percent change; Date recommended.
- Best strategy isn't small-, mid-, or large-cap; it's diversity in all 3. Auer, Tonie // Fort Worth Business Press;05/11/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3
Offers tips and advice on stock investment. Comparison of small-, mid and large-capitalization stocks; Rates of return; Investment risks; Price/earnings ratio analysis; Importance of a diversified stock investment.
- Lattice Work. Pabrai, Monhnish // Siliconindia;Jul2002, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p54
Advises individual investors on selecting stocks to buy. Need to make investments within one's circle of competence based on an independent latticework of mental models; Analysis of Berkshire Hathaway's investment in Coca-Cola common stock; Factors used in building a latticework of mental...
- A case for caution. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;02/02/2001, p19
Advises stock investors in South Africa to exercise caution in investing. Economic developments in the United States that would significantly impact South African economy; Caution on stocks which are dependent on the rand-dollar exchange level; Career plans by Finance Minister Trevor Manuel and...
- Doing simply nothing. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;6/16/2003, p43
Offers stock-picking advice in the current bear market. Alternatives for investors who have lost money in equities; Initial investment of 100 South African rands and time needed to recover losses; Advantages of doing nothing.
- Working on keeping your balance. Kaye, Steven D. // U.S. News & World Report;2/12/96, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p71
Offers advice on how to divvy up your assets into stocks, bonds and cash. Incredible performance of United States stocks in the beginning of 1996; Rebalancing a portfolio; Tips from Judith Shine of Shine Investment Advisory Services and Harry Miller of USAA Cornerstone Strategy Fund.
- WEEKLY COMMENT ON PUERTO RICO STOCKS. Carmona, José L. // Caribbean Business;1/20/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p12
The article presents an analysis of the stock market in Puerto Rico, citing the gains made on the Standardard & Poor's 500 Index and the Puerto Rico Stock Index (PRSI).
- And for you, my friend... Stern, Linda // Newsweek;3/11/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 11, p56
Looks at the new classes of shares in 1996, with specifics about who sells them and how. Examples including the MFS Research Fund from Massachusetts Financial Services; What fund companies have to say about the new classes of shares; Advice on evaluating the different classes.
- Rights or scrip issue, which? Osei-Kuffour, Paul // New African;Apr2001, Issue 395, p46
Advises private investors on rights and scrip issues in Africa. Definitions of rights issues and scrip issues; Effects of issues; Differences in share ownership; Functions of issues; Advantages of pre-emptive rights; Assessment of whether to buy or not to buy issues.