KICKING THINGS UP A NOTCH
- AXN backs daredevils. // Daily Variety;12/13/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 8, p22
Reports the partnership between action channel AXN and Indian producers for the production of adventure shows in India.
- SOCCER RIGHTS 'PUBLIC' ASSET? Franklin, Jonathan // Variety;07/24/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 9, p21
Reports that Chilean politician Guido Girardi formally petitioned the Chilean television regulatory agency CNTV on July 10, 2000 to declare national soccer team matches to be public property. Amount paid by Pan-American Sports Network (PSN) for the rights to the national team's World Cup...
- EYE ON WGFL(TV). Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p24
Reports the deal between WGFL television and CBS in Florida. Decline in network compensation; Agreement of the affiliation deal; Enhancement of the UPN programming.
- Lessons Learned From TCI's Purge. // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p12
Focuses on the history of television network drops in the U.S. Emergence of platitudes about programmer multiple-systems operator partnerships; Number of networks under the description; Security of cable systems.
- The hard way. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 25, p29
Reports on the breakup of CBS and Post-Newsweek's WJXT(TV) partnership in Jacksonville, Florida. Independence of WJXT from CBS; Views of company's general manager Sherry Burns on WJXT business performance; Services offered by the company.
- Hotline. // Campaign (UK);07/18/97, Issue 29, p3
Reports that Great Britain-based Channel 5 has signed the football club, Aston Villa, to its list of exclusive rights group of Premier League clubs.
- Spanish soccer clubs nix megadeals for TV rights. Hopewell, John // Variety;5/6/96, Vol. 363 Issue 1, p225
Reports on the battle in Madrid for the rights to Spanish soccer matches and bids made by Antena 3 TV and Canal Plus Espana for transmission rights over the seasons 1996-97 and 2002-03. Soccer clubs' rejection of the idea of any one broadcaster having exclusive rights to games; Contracts signed...
- Channel 5 pushes ahead with Euro football action. Charles, Robert // Marketing Week;5/28/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p15
Indicates that Channel 5 in the United Kingdom, broadcast the first season of the football competition, European Cup Winners' for 1998. Who won the competition; What Channel 5 also hopes to cover in the competition next season; Reference to executives, Peter Robinson and Rick Parry; How Channel...
- MIAMI HERALD SEEKS NEW TV PARTNERSHIPS. // Quill;Dec2002, Vol. 90 Issue 9, p7
Reports that Miami, Florida television stations, WFOR-TV and WPLG-TV, have both expressed interest in a promotions and news-sharing pact with 'The Miami Herald' newspaper. Information on the newspaper's agreement with WTVJ.