Comcast Invests in P2P Video-Delivery Firm
- CISCO FUNDS NET-TV FIRM. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;3/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p30
The article reports that Cisco Systems has invested in GridNetworks,a U.S. company that develops software for distributing high-quality video among endpoint devices in a peer-to-peer architecture. To GridNetworks CEO Tony Naughtin, their technology that provides a way to transmit large amounts...
- Peer-to-Peer Networking. Joyce, John // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;Jul2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p12
Presents an overview of peer-to-peer (P2P) networking and applications. Effect of the growth of the Internet on P2P; Application that takes advantage of P2P resources; Views on P2P.
- Peer-to-Peer without Peer. Manafy, Michelle // EContent;Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p5
Focuses on copyright issues regarding peer-to-peer (P2P) Internet content distribution. Concept of singularity in copyright; Impact of the Napster case on P2P solutions; Argument presented by online company Creative Commons regarding the digital age.
- Fixing your IP address. Taylor, Nathan // Australian PC User;Apr2007, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p84
The article offers step-by-step instructions for setting up a fixed Internet Protocol address for peer-to-peer applications.
- The new high-speed hall monitors. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p35
Focuses on the competition between peer-to-peer (P2P) traffic and Internet telephony traffic. Association between P2P and high-speed access sector; Deployment of IP and P2P; Cause of IP traffic.
- Share Economy. Colin, Chris // Wired;May2013, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p130
The article discusses development of the online peer-to-peer network business concept.
- Who Let the Hogs Out? Road Runner quick to slow bandwidth gluttons. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);9/9/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p35
Investigates the sudden disconnection from a peer-to-peer network experienced by the customers of Internet service providers in the U.S. Cause of the disconnection problem; Way to ensure great Internet service; Terms of Road Runner's service agreement.
- VoIP peering's business model shifts. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;9/25/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the growing market of Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP) peering services in the U.S. VoIP peering offers end to end Internet Protocol connections, which improves quality and control, while introducing new services, like video calling. According to Shrihari Pandit,...
- Analyzing the Peer to Peer Traffic Aggregation Using an Optimized Method. Sendil, M. Sadish; Nagarajan, N. // Journal of Computer Science;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p738
Problem statement: In the recent years, peer to peer networks have rapidly developed in the distributed and decentralized world of internet. Current research indicated that P2P applications were responsible for a substantial part of Internet traffic. Number of users embracing new P2P technology...