Rentrak Nabs Cox Deal on On-Demand
- Comedy Central dealt `Real Deal'. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;2/27/95, Vol. 336 Issue 9, p4
Features `Real Deal,' a Comedy Central unscripted comedy featuring five comedians playing a real poker game. Amount of money at stake; Challenge of the show as finding material that was not too raunchy for airing.
- Will interactive gambling be a financial hit for TV stations? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;10/26/2001, Issue 43, p16
Focuses on the impact of gambling on interactive television companies in Great Britain. Relationship between bookmakers and broadcasters in producing interactive programming in the broadcast stream; Deal between BSkyB and Ladbrokes on the exploration of possible television interactive gambling;...
- NERVE'S SELF-SERVE. Bing, Jonathan; Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/09/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 49, p3
Reports the deal between Home Box Office network and Web magazine Nerve.com Web to develop a non-fiction program in the United States. Diversity of the audience targeted by the planned joint show; Development of a show for ABC Entertainment; Fascination with the behind the scenes production.
- Secret deal rocks Polish TV. Richardson, Rick // Variety;01/26/98, Vol. 369 Issue 11, p34
Announces the secret deal of TVN with ProCable, a television (TV) programmer affiliated with PTK, Poland's largest cable operator. Acquisition of TVN on Polskie Media; Effect of the deal to Nasza Telewizja (NTV).
- Comedy Central in Tennis net's court. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/19/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 13, p5
Reports the deal between Comedy Central and Tennis Channel. Terms of the deal; Issues surrounding the deal; Strategies to get subscribers buy a digital box.
- The Cablers. Dempsey, John; Adalian, Josef // Variety;08/16/99, Vol. 375 Issue 13, p23
Presents updates on cable television broadcasting in the United States in August 1999. Plans of USA Networks to create a comedy sitcom; Live airing of the television program `Business Center,' from the New York Stock Exchange; Estimated earnings of Cox Communications from its public offering.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Cartoon, Turner South Gain Carriage. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the carriage deals gained by entertainment network Turner South in the United States. Inclusion of Turner in the 'Total Choice' package of DirecTV; Efforts of Turner South to offer movies and news programs; Launch of television series 'Liars and Legends'.
- EM.TV says no go. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;11/1/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 22, p8
Reports that sports and entertainment TV group EM.TV company has rejected Premiere's offer to buy its free-to-air sports channel DSF.