MGM HD Signs Up Time Warner Cable
- MGM Inks HD Deals. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;5/25/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p12
This article reports on the high-definition deals signed by MGM with Comcast and Time Warner Cable. The deal will boost cable operator Comcast's monthly video-on-demand offerings of up to more than 10,000. According to Jim Packer, co-president of worldwide television for MGM, said this is an...
- Case Closed. // CableFAX Daily;11/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 214, p1
The article reports on the decision of NBCU to add a high definition simulcast to its suspense/mystery cable channel Sleuth in the U.S. in late 2006. Time Warner Cable is its first affiliate which will offer all its digital services. The channel will feature shows such as "Miami Vice" and "The...
- Turner looks to HDTV. // Electronic Media;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on an announcement by Time Warner vice chairman, Ted Turner that Turner Network Television and Turner Broadcasting Systems (TBS), is planning to go to high-definition television (HDTV). Where did he make this announcement; What advice did he have for broadcasters; Additional information...
- HBO goes HDTV; now who's next? McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p4
Questions whether other networks will follow the move by Home Box Office (HBO) and to high-definition television (HDTV). When is HBO expected to begin broadcasting in HDTV; Why are other broadcasters weighing the multichannel options; Comments from cable operators.
- HIGH-DEF DASH. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the move by cable operators to switch on digital video in the U.S. The satellite operator DirectTV Inc. was able to claim it offered as may as 85 high-definition television (TV) channels to subscribers at the end of 2007. Moreover, Time Warner Cable Inc. also plans to...
- MGM HD nabs Comcast deal. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;5/19/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 31, p5
The article reports on the deal signed by high definition movie channel MGM HD with Comcast Corp. in the U.S. It states that the deal provides an opportunity for Comcast to distribute a total of 500 high-definition videos, television series and movies through MGM HD's library. It reveals that...
- Encore going HDTV. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/30/94, Vol. 124 Issue 22, p54
Reports that Encore will launch a high definition television (HDTV) programming service as soon as the Federal Communications Commission settles on a transmission standard.
- Discovery sees a future with HDTV. Galetto, Mike // Electronic Media;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p47
Announces that the Discovery Channel cable television network is launching a high-definition television (HDTV) service. Who made the announcement; Comments from chief executive officer of Discovery Channel, John Hendricks; Details on Discovery Channel's interest in digital technology.
- HBO to launch HDTV in 1998. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;06/16/97, Vol. 127 Issue 25, p60
Reports on the plan of Home Box Office's (HBO) plan to begin transmitting HDTV programming in 1998. HBO as the first national cable network to announce support of the broadcasters' new digital television standards; Turn around for the cable network; Company's belief in multiplexed...