FX's Landgraf Signs a Three-Year Renewal
- FX TUBTHUMPING FOR ITSELF. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/12/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 55, p2
The article reports on the planned advertising campaign by News Corp.-owned FX cable television network in the U.S. The campaign unveiled by president-general manager John Landgraf is set to launch late December 2007 that will include a 60-second spot during Fox's February telecast of the Super...
- Triple Threat: FX to Unleash Clone Channel. STEINBERG, BRIAN // Variety;4/2/2013, Vol. 319 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the launch of FXX, the conglomerate network of News Corp. to strengthen its flagship general entertainment and reach younger audiences. FX Networks president and general manager John Landgraf says that the plan of the new channel is to offer a "suite" of three networks, a...
- FX Goes 'Box'-ing. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p60
The article reports that News Corp.'s cable network FX Networks is launching its first branding campaign with the tagline "There Is No Box." According to FX's president John Landgraf, the branding campaign starts during a "Nip/Tuck" episode and will be aired after the Fox broadcast network's...
- Cable Programmers Talking Sports Deals. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;2/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p3
The article reports that News Corp. has announced its decision to launch a rival national sports network called Fox Sports 1 in a competition with television network ESPN.
- FX grows into sizable sibling. Levine, Stuart // Variety;10/26/2009, Vol. 416 Issue 11, p18
The article profiles the U.S. FX Television cable network. The central focus of the article is an examination of the success of the channel and its position as a profit-earning center in the collection of media companies owned by News Corporation, the parent company. John Landgraf, the president...
- FX in league for more laffs. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;8/20/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the expansion of the comedy programs of FX Networks LLC in the U.S. The broadcasting company has picked up "The League" for six episodes and "Louie," which has a 13-segment order. According to Fox president John Landgraf, the network now has the largest slate of original...
- VERTIKAL INTEGRATION. Vaucher, Andrea R. // Daily Variety;2/6/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 49, p8
Reports the production agreement between M6 and Vertikal Entertainment in Paris, France. Statement of Edouard de Vesinne, head of M6 drama regarding the television co-production agreement entity; Company profile of Vertikal; Television projects of Vertikal.
- General Entertainment Programmers Pull Out the Big Guns. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;4/1/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 13, p6
The article reports on the cable television industry's general entertainment strategies in the U.S. It mentions the reasons behind its focus on large audiences with fast-growing investment in scripted fare. Furthermore, FX Networks LLC president John Landgraf notes their launch of the FXX...
- News Corp. sells Seven. // Electronic Media;12/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p34
Reports that News Corporation selling its percentage stake in Australia's Seven Network. Percentage stake sold by Network; Further information on the sale.