Show Pipes Up Distrib Pacts
- Comcast Coughs Up Greens Fee. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;1/30/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 5, p16
Reports on a deal signed by The Golf Channel (TGC) of Comcast to become the exclusive carrier of the PGA Tour in the U.S. beginning 2007. Information on the terms of the deal; Background on TGC; Views of "Golf World" executive editor Ron Sirak on the deal.
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- Comedy Central dealt `Real Deal'. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;2/27/95, Vol. 336 Issue 9, p4
Features `Real Deal,' a Comedy Central unscripted comedy featuring five comedians playing a real poker game. Amount of money at stake; Challenge of the show as finding material that was not too raunchy for airing.
- Will interactive gambling be a financial hit for TV stations? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;10/26/2001, Issue 43, p16
Focuses on the impact of gambling on interactive television companies in Great Britain. Relationship between bookmakers and broadcasters in producing interactive programming in the broadcast stream; Deal between BSkyB and Ladbrokes on the exploration of possible television interactive gambling;...
- Peace on Earth? // CableFAX Daily;4/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 68, p1
Analyzes the possible agreement between Comcast and MASN which would combine the DC RSN with Comcast sports channel. Views of Representative Thomas Davis (R-Va.) on the possible combination of the networks.
- Big Michael Jackson Ratings Easy As A-B-C. Umstead, R. Thomas; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;7/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p3
The article focuses on the effect of televising stories on the sudden death of King of Pop Michael Jackson on the ratings of cable news networks. It states that the proper coverage of the death, family, finances as well as the custody of the three children of Jackson can draw a large number of...
- NERVE'S SELF-SERVE. Bing, Jonathan; Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/09/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 49, p3
Reports the deal between Home Box Office network and Web magazine Nerve.com Web to develop a non-fiction program in the United States. Diversity of the audience targeted by the planned joint show; Development of a show for ABC Entertainment; Fascination with the behind the scenes production.
- Ops, Broadcasters Give Peace a Chance. Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/12/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the agreement of broadcasting firms to a retransmission-consent agreement where they are asked for cash to carry the network in the U.S. Time Warner Cable Inc. is the first major cable operators to agree to the deal with CBS Corp. Univision Communications Inc. also struck a...
- MGM HD Signs Up Time Warner Cable. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p13
The article reports on the deal between MGM company and Time Warner Cable Inc. It says that Time Warner affiliation agreement comes on the heels of MGM High-Definition (HD) television securing carriage pacts with Comcast, the nation's largest cable company, and Dish Network. Features of MGM HD...