Comcast Subs on Block
- D3 deployment updates. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the deployment of Comcast Corp.'s D3 service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and San Francisco, California. It states that Comcast deployed the D3 service in about 50% of its entire footprint in July 2009. It notes that Comcast has announced that it would deploy D3 service...
- Cablers Are Mad About iPad. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p20
The article reports on the plans of Comcast Corp. and CableLabs to release iPad tablet-based remotes in changing the channel to enhance television (TV) experience in the cable industry in the U.S.
- LEADERSHIP AWARD: Comcast. // CableFAX Magazine;Jul2010, p21
The article features Comcast Corp., a cable company which has received the leadership award from the periodical "CableFAX: The Magazine."
- X1 Licensing: One Size Might Not Fit All. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;9/21/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p17
The article focuses on the efforts of telecom company Comcast for licensing the X1, a cloud computing-based, internet protocol-capable video platform, from the company, as of September 2015, and mentions the challenges facing the independent cable operators due to paid television services.
- The Innovation Chasm and the Big Six. Hassan, Daniel // Multichannel News;6/6/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p31
The article offers the author's insights regarding the innovation gap of the top six cable operators in the U.S. including Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Roberts: Cable's Winning the Fight. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p37
The article reports on the advantages gained by U.S. cable industry despite the entry of telephone companies in the video market. According to Comcast Corp. chief executive officer Brian Roberts, more than half of its new high-speed Internet customers deserted from less-expensive,...
- Cable's data, voice biz encroaching on video. Mermigas, Diane // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/16/2007, Vol. 397 Issue 44, p13
The article focuses on issues related to Comcast Corp., the largest cable operator in the U.S. According to the company, within the next several years, half of its cable subscribers will not be taking video programming services from the company but rather data and voice services that do not pose...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- Charter Renews Golf, Versus. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that U.S.-based cable operator Charter Communications Inc. has renewed carriage contract with Comcast Corp.-owned services Versus and Golf Channel. Under the contract, Charter Communications Inc. will continue to broadcast the two channels from the company's millions of...