Business Publisher Career Press Acquires New Age Book Company
- Unique Acquisition Strategy Pays Off For Roman & Littlefield In 1999. // Book Publishing Report;05/29/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the payoffs of book publishing company Roman & Littlefield's acquisition strategy in 1999. Thirteen publishers acquired in two years; Search for small presses interested in maintaining their autonomy; Record sales in 1999 attributed to acquired units and distribution subsidiary...
- EFfects of 1999 consumer book industry acquisitions will be felt during 2000. // Book Publishing Report;12/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p1
Reports on major acquisition deals in the United States book publishing industry in 1999. Implications for the industry's prospects in 2000; Purchase of Hearst Book Group by Harper Collins parent firm News Corp.; John Wiley & Sons' purchases that included higher education titles.
- Holtzbrinck to Buy Roaring Brook Press. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p13
Reports that Millbrook Press has reached a preliminary agreement to sell its Roaring Brook Press trade imprint to Holtzbrinck Publishers. Reason for the sale of the trade imprint; Plan of Holtzbrinck for the trade imprint; Advantage of the addition of Roaring Book Press to Holtzbrinck.
- Acquisition Activity Picks Up. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 29, p1
The article discusses the effect of economic recovery and the book market on the increase in mergers and acquisitions in the publishing industry as of July 2014, and includes charts detailing book publishing acquisitions and publishing-related acquisitions. Topics include acquisitions by...
- The Big Five Sat Out Deal Making in 2015. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/11/2016, Vol. 263 Issue 2, p6
The article examines the mergers and acquisitions in the book publishing industry in the U.S. in 2015. It states that there were several major acquisitions involving the professional and education segments which include one between Macmillan Science and Education and Springer Science + Business...
- Mergers & acquisitions. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;04/01/97 25th Anniversary Special, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p37
Reports on mergers and acquisitions among the publishing companies in the United States. Fanjet Group's purchase of the New York City-based Printing and Design Services' `Skyjack' magazine; Affinity Group's acquisition of Ehlert Publishing Group.
- Mergers & acquisitions. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;09/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p26
No abstract available.
- Mergers & acquisitions. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;8/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p25
Presents information on acquisitions and mergers in the United States publishing industry. McGraw-Hill Companies' agreement to sell its Information Technology and Communications Group; Information on magazine titles which Bill Communications Inc. has acquired from Young/Conway.
- The Amistad Press Is Acquired By HarperCollins In Major Publishing Transaction. // Jet;11/29/99, Vol. 96 Issue 26, p10
Informs of the acquisition of Amistad Press by the HarperCollins publishing firm.