IDG Sells Another MGR Brand, As Thomson Agrees To Buy ARCO
- IDG Books Buys Macmillan General Reference. Milliot, Jim; Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;7/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 27, p10
Reports that IDG Book company has agreed to acquire Macmillan General Reference Group from Pearson company. Remarks from Steven Berkowitz, president of IDG Books; Value of the acquisition; Other brands acquired from Pearson; Amount raised by Pearson through the divested properties.
- IDG books sells off second MGR business since mid-November. // Book Publishing Report;12/20/99, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p3
Reports that IDG Books Worldwide Inc. plans to keep the rest of the brands it purchased in the summer of 1999 from Macmillan General Reference (MGR). Rationale for the divestiture of Chek-Chart and Motor Information Systems; Purchase of MGR properties from Pearson PLC; List of the remaining...
- Proving there's a lot of dummies out there. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/5/95, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p2A
Reports on the expansion of the `For Dummies' line of publication from IDG Books Worldwide. Popularity of the publisher's computer programming books `For Dummies' series; Subject areas covered by IDG.
- IDG books plan $50-million public offering. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/1/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 22, p19
Describes how IDG Books Worldwide has filed a registration statement with the United States Securities and Exchange commission as they prepare for a $50-million public offering. The Dummies book series; Internal expansion of IDG Books; Financial information.
- IDG Expands Cliffs Notes Brand With New Lifestyle Series. // Educational Marketer;11/01/99, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the release of the `lifestyle series' books from computer and trade book publisher IDG Books Worldwide.
- Being a dummy is smart business. Mullich, Joe // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;07/21/97, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p5
Discusses the release of so-called `Dummies' books by publisher IDG that help business owners overcome problems in running their businesses. Titles of `Dummies' books popular among business owners; Factors that make the books popular.
- IDG to Open New Distribution Facility. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;2/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p16
Announces the plans of IDG Books, publisher of the popular `For Dummies' series, to open a distribution center in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Size of the facility; Number of books that can be handled by the facility; Remarks from John Ball, IDG executive vice-president.
- Sales, Earnings Up at IDG Books. Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;11/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 45, p14
Reports that the IDG Books company released its sales performance since its initial offering in July, 1998. Comments from IDG director of public relations, Mimi Sells; Series to be launched by IDG; Company with which IDG signed a licensing agreement; Persons named to the board of directors at IDG.
- IDG Books Will Offer Dummies, Cliffsnotes, Frommer's As Ebooks. // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p4
Reports that IDG Books Worldwide will make content from its leading book brands available in a variety of formats.