IDG Books Will Offer Dummies, Cliffsnotes, Frommer's As Ebooks
- IDG Books has 30% third-quarter gain. // Publishers Weekly;9/7/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 36, p18
Notes that IDG Books posted a 30 percent gain for the third quarter of 1998. Sales in its technology book group; Net income; Other sales.
- IDG targets India's computer book consumers with new joint ventures. // Book Publishing Report;02/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p5
Features IDG Books India Pvt. Ltd., a joint venture between IDG Books Worldwide and Infocom Inc. Pvt. Ltd. for computer book consumers in India. Background and operations of the joint venture; Focus on brand-based publishing; India as a world center for software development and programming;...
- Nobody's fool. Foege, Alec; Saveri, Gabrielle // People;02/02/98, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p63
Profiles publisher John Kilcullen, creator of the guide book series that began 1991's `DOS for Dummies.' His business failure, prior to the publication; The success of his series and IDG Books Worldwide, in Foster City, California; Figures; How he came up with the idea; The importance of a good...
- IDG Books Expands Cliffs Notes Line. Milliott, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 44, p12
Reports that IDG Books published a number of book titles called Cliffs Notes lifestyle line. Two categories of Cliffs Notes; Its price; Features of the company's Web site; Revenues and net income posted in 1998.
- Dummy run cashes in on old-fashioned medium. Banaghan, Margaret // BRW;08/17/98, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p96
Presents information on information technology publishing company International Data Group (IDG). Their founder Patrick McGovern; The need to change strategy midway; Their IDG Books `For Dummies' series; Decision to list IDG Books; Internation Data Corporation to list if IDG Books is...
- Industry stocks: March performances. // Publishers Weekly;4/12/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 15, p11
Presents statistics of the stock prices of book publishing firms for March 1999. Includes IDG Books Worldwide Inc., Amazon.Com Inc. and Thomas Nelson Publishers.
- IDG Books in new foreign ventures in Australia, Singapore. R.F. // Publishers Weekly;3/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p14
Reports on IDG Books Worldwide Inc.'s ventures with Australia-based distributor Woodslane Pty. Ltd. and Singapore-based TransQuest Publishers Pte. Ltd. IDG's products included in the deals; Importance of the ventures to IDG's efforts to broaden its presence in the international publishing business.
- Berkowitz Exits IDG Books. // Publishers Weekly;12/6/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 49, p16
Reports on the resignation of Steve Berkowitz, president and publisher of IDG Books. Career background of Berkowitz; Remarks from John Kilcullen, IDG Books chairman and chief executive.
- Financial news. // Book Publishing Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the financial performance of several book publishers. Increase in revenues of IDG Books Worldwide in the first quarter of fiscal year 2000; Increase in revenues for McGraw-Hill's Educational and Professional Publishing Group in 1999; Increase in net sales of R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co....