Comcast Set-Top Appeal Denied
- FCC BEGINS COMCAST REVIEW. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;4/1/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 22, p4
Reports on the review by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission of Comcast's bid to buy up AT&T Broadband, the cable unit of the telecommunications company.
- The High Stakes of Network Neutrality. CHANG, SHAWN // Rural Telecom;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, Special section p28
The article discusses network neutrality, a set of widely accepted principles that are guiding the deployment of next-generation network management practices in the U.S. It presents an overview of the Internet Policy Statement issued by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 2005. The...
- FCC HONES ISP POLICING RULES. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;8/4/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on issues pertaining to the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission which indicate that Comcast had violated federal policy on open Internet access by blocking online traffic in 2007. Democratic commissioners Michael Copps and Jonathan Adelstein joined agency...
- Boston: It's Bombastic! City Continues to Rip Cable Kingpins at FCC. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p4
The article presents information on the regulation of basic rates of cable provider Comcast Corp. at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in Boston, Massachusetts.
- US court rules against FCC on 'net neutrality'. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/8/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on the rule of the federal appeals court pertaining to the inability of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to prove the net neutrality obligation of Comcast Corp. in Washington, D.C.
- TALKBACK. Jason, T.; Grant, Johnathan // Multichannel News;4/13/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p28
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "Netflix Responds to FCC Peering Info Request" in the April 9, 2015 issue and "Comcast Pitches VOD as Merger Benefit" in the April 6, 2015 issue.
- Boston's Kinda Comcastic After All: Official Praised Cable Firm at FCC in '10. Eggerton, John; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) praised Comcast Corp. as one of the top work place for cable firm in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Cable Ops Diverge on Regional Sports. // Multichannel News;9/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 35, p38
The article reports that the American Cable Association (ACA) challenges Comcast Corp. on the access for regional sports networks (RSN) and asks the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to act on the issue.
- Comcast Returns Serve at Tennis. // Multichannel News;1/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p32
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reverse Administrative Law Judge Richard Sippel's decision on a program-carriage complaint by Tennis Channel and has challenged the Media Bureau for not dismissing the complaint.