Nat Geo Miniseries Makes Earth's Day
- Unlimited Horizons. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;10/18/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p34
Focuses on the limited cable television series being offer in the U.S. as of October 2004. Significance of limited series to the creative community; Explanation on the terms miniseries and limited series; Advantages of offering limited series for cable networks.
- ON THE HORIZON. Berger, Robin // Daily Variety;6/6/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 43, pA8
Reports on Turner Network Television cable television network's launch of its two-night miniseries 'Caesar,' on June 29, 2003. Names of characters.
- 'Roots' Redux Rates a Record. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the primetime ratings of the television series Roots for Hallmark Channel in the United States. Theme of the miniseries; Effect of the show on the record performances of the channel; List of other shows with good household ratings.
- MINIS BOOST CABLERS' SELF-IMAGE. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/12/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 50, pA1
The article cites the efforts of Sci Fi Channel executives to tame their expectations for an Emmy nomination for "The Triangle," a six-hour miniseries from feature producers Bryan Singer and Dean Devlin. The show is about a motley crew of specialists exploring the mystery of the Bermuda...
- SCI FI LINES UP 'TRIANGLE' Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;5/22/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the television miniseries project of cable television network Sci Fi Channel entitled 'Triangle.' Producers of the miniseries; Story and setting of the miniseries.
- Movieola, Slamdance pact for TV. Lyons, Charles // Daily Variety;1/18/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 36, p6
Reports that Canadian television channel Movieola has entered into a production agreement with Slamdance Entertainment to form a mini-series called 'Slamdance TV.' Broadcasting of the program in Canada; Showcasing of short selections and entries from the Slamdance Film Festival; Per-minute...
- TNT Wins Case with `Nuremberg' Mini. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/19/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p26
Features `Nuremberg,' a dramatic mini-series from Turner Network Television about the international tribunal that tried World War II's Nazi war criminals. Production of the mini-series based on the book `Nuremberg: Infamy on Trial'; Impressive performance of actor Alec Baldwin.
- HBO over the `Moon' over minis. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/08/98, Vol. 371 Issue 5, p21
Reports that Home Box Office (HBO) is developing the television mini-series `From the Earth to the Moon,' starring Tom Hanks.
- Cable drama has its limits. Zeitchik, Steven // Variety;8/13/2007, Vol. 407 Issue 12, p13
The article reports on the emerging popularity of limited television series on U.S. cable networks in 2007. The economic advantages of this type of television program are examined. The article traces the development of the television miniseries beginning in the 1960s in the U.S. and in Great...