Putting Ads In Their Place
- Looking smart. Aitken, Lucy // Campaign;9/28/2001, Issue 39, Eurpoean media p9
Reports developments related to television in Italy as of 2001. Introduction of channel La7; Television programs guaranteed as crowd pleasers; Use of television as a cost-effective way to reach consumers.
- Twentieth on the spot with 'Nelson' promotion. Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p6
Reports the creation of a promotion for the television show 'The Rob Nelson Show' of Twentieth Television. Importance of advertisement for the show's success; Message emphasized in the program; Details on viewer expectations.
- In Search of Brand Kiwi. Agee, Tom // NZ Marketing Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p42
Compares the television (TV) programming in New Zealand and Australia. Positive aspects of TV programming in New Zealand; Problem with New Zealand TV programs; Description of advertising in New Zealand TV.
- HK stations press for extra ad sales slots. Lee, Michele // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/4/2002, p5
Reports on the call of television (TV) stations to increase non-English language programming and commercial slots in Hong Kong, China. Terms for the renewal of terrestrial TV licenses; Rate of acceptance of Cantonese commercials on English TV channels; Results of the survey commissioned by Asia...
- JAPANESE YEARNINGS. Follows, James // Atlantic (02769077);Jun87, Vol. 259 Issue 6, p16
Comments on the reflection of some Japanese yearnings in various television programs and commercials in Japan. Characteristics of Japanese television programs; Types of television programs being watched by most Japanese; Quality of television commercials.
- Running against time. Ault, Sussane // Broadcasting & Cable;9/3/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 37, p9
Discusses advertising challenges of first-run television shows in the U.S. Problems of negative cash flow; Importance of good television rating; Advertising of syndicated shows.
- TV monitor/a weekly look at who's buying what and when. // Campaign (UK);02/05/99, Issue 5, p20
Reports on the rivalry of British television programs `Trisha,' `Vanessa' and `Camelot.' Advertisers who purchased air-time of the television programs.
- Upfront with attitude. Grunion, Sam // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/28/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 22, pSR46
Describes the upfront presentation of television programs by imaginary television network The Channel Network. Titles of programs; Benefits for advertisers.
- Argentina salvages revs with reality . Newbery, Charles // Variety;1/20/2003 Supplement, Vol. 389 Issue 9, p34
Reports on the status of the television programming business in Argentina as of January 2003. Impact of the economic crisis on the industry; Percentage of the decline in advertising revenue; Success of the program 'Big Brother,' from Telefe.
- Zenith uncovers advertisers' idea of heaven or hell. // Marketing (00253650);8/31/2000, p2
Reports on Zenith Media's survey of broadcast directors of media agencies to identify television programs in Great Britain. Programs preferred by the responders for their advertisements.