- They said what? // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2005, Issue 5446, p55
Solicits caricatures of several companies participating in the Manchester Furniture Show in Manchester, England. Explanation of the caricature of Flame Upholstery; Prize for companies who come up with the best caption; Contact information.
- Register at NCBA to win original 'Rubes' cartoon. // Farmer;Jan2011, Vol. 129 Issue 1, pBP10
The article invites the participants of the National Cattleman's Beef Association Convention and Trade Show in Denver, Colorado to register in order to win an original Leigh Rubin "Rubes" cartoon print.
- NY Comic-Con: Part 2. Benitez, Tina // Playthings;Apr2007, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p12
The article provides information about the NY Comic-Con, a convention held in New York. The convention has featured trade show of video games and cartoons. It has been observed that the event continued to attract exhibitors and increased attendance of international visitors. In addition, there...
- SHOWS WE LIKE. // Expo Magazine;Oct2006, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p15
The article comments on Comic-Con 2006, a comic books trade show from Comic-Con International for consumers and trade professionals held at the San Diego Convention Center in California from July 20-23, 2006. The show was attended by 123,000 people and a thousand exhibitors participated in the...
- Tokyo's Anime Fair Weathers Growing Pains. Osaki, Tad // Animation;Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
The article reports that the fourth edition of the annual Tokyo International Anime Fair proved once again that the world has not lost its appetite for wide-eyed protagonists, humanoid robots and pocket monsters. About 84,000 visitors swarmed the fair at Tokyo's Big Sight Convention Center in...
- COMIC EXPO. // License! Europe;Jun/Jul2005, p24
Highlights the Comic Expo held in Bristol, England in May 2005. Signing of books by illustrators; Feature of rare comic editions; Portfolios touted by young illustrators; Publisher TokyoPop's introduction of pre-school titles into bookshops and libraries.
- Caprichos. Fisher, Ed // Antioch Review;Fall97, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p450
Features a collection of cartoons.
- Life at McPherson high. McPherson, John // Campus Life;Jan1996, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p20
Presents a cartoon column about lunchtime at McPherson High.
- Environ-Man confronts Chema-Cal. // Flower & Garden;Sep91, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p56
Presents a cartoon strip depicting Environ-Man's confrontation with Chema-Cal, a mad-scientist type who wants to use chemicals to kill pests in his garden. Lists some guidelines for good gardening practices that prevent recurring pest problems.Also explains how to safely use garden chemicals.