- Former Bestinvest investment director escapes jail over indecent child images. Selby, Tom // Fundweb;1/8/2013, p5
The article reports on a three-year supervision order given to Nigel Parsons, former investment director of financial services group Bestinvest, as he found guilty to charges like voyeurism and over indecent images of children under the age of 10. It states that a sex offenders programme of 120...
- People and posts. // People Management;08/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p10
Announces the appointment of directors in different companies. Marc Birchenhough's appointment as director of human resource development for computer firm ICL; Reason why Gareth Evans, county training manager at Monmouthshire County Council is leaving the profession; Appointed personnel director...
- Selecting new directors. Leighton, David S.R.; Thain, Donald H. // Business Quarterly;Summer93, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p16
Presents guidelines for choosing corporate directors. Traditional method and its flaws; Steps to selecting better directors; Role of the nominating committee.
- CEOs and directors seek help to build better boards. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 13 Issue 73, p28
Reports on the study showing that chief executives are increasingly turning to executive search firms for assistance in selecting directors who bring relevant experience to the board. Comment by Gardner W. Heidrick, chairman of the Heidrick Partners Inc.; Reason for the trend.
- Directors' register. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 15 Issue 87, p31
Lists results of board elections in United States companies for the month of July 1994. AT&T Capital Corp.; Ashland Oil Inc.; Burlington Industries inc.; Chris-Craft Industries; Cigna Corp.; Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.; DPL Inc.; Eaton Corp.; Exabyte Corp.; Foamex International; Genrad Inc.;...
- Proposed: A governance `monitor'. Latham, Mark // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 106, p23
Proposes a `monitoring intermediary,' an independent firm that recruits the slate of corporate directors and monitors results. Causes of investors' `short-termism'; Protection of the right of small shareholders; Result of big investors' activism.
- CEO and chairman post separated at more large U.S. companies. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 106, p27
Reports on uncertainty in the compensation of chairman of the board and chief executive officer (CEO), positions that are separately occupied in most large United States companies. Value of having a non-CEO chairman; Payment of corporate director.
- AROUND TOWN. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/31/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p44
Reports the employee selection in various business enterprises in the United States. Selection of account executive and media buyer/planner; Election of board of directors in Stewart enterprises Inc.; Career background of the employees.
- The how and why of selecting and compensating directors. Yeutter, Clayton // NACD Directorship;Mar1996, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on how directors of corporations are selected, evaluated and compensated. Challenges faced by shareholders in selecting and retaining outstanding directors; Kinds of compensation packages a company should offer to get and keep outstanding directors; Disclosure of compensation for directors.