2018: A Cable Odyssey
- The old master headend: She ain't what she used to be. Robinson // CED;Jul99, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p98
Highlights the features of Network Operations Center in the cable industry in the United States. Space planning; Disaster planning using backup facilities and equipment; Development of alternate of split fiber paths.
- Cable Television in Britain. Hall, Tom // BKSTS Journal;Aug1982, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p398
The article focuses on the increasing interest in cable television industry in Great Britain. Speculations about government proposals for introduction of multi-channel cable television in the country has stirred the interest. There is a possibility of nationwide fiber optic trunk network and...
- Meetings of the Minds. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/22/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p14
The article focuses on the goals of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineering (SCTE) in the U.S. The association engages in the maintenance for cable telecommunications and provides professional training to its members. Mark Dzuban, the chief executive officer (CEO) of SCTE, claims that...
- Wave 18 Brings Few Surprises. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p23
Cable Television Laboratories Inc. has wrapped up certification wave 18, granting approval to 17 cable modems for the 1.0 version of the interoperable Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification. To date, CableLabs has stamped the DOCSIS 1.0 seal on 149 modems and qualified 22 cable-modem...
- NYU networking project brings dormitories into the 21st century. Malone, Daniel E. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Nov96, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p31
Describes the upgrade of the telephone, data and cable television infrastructures at three dormitories in New York University in New York City during the summer of 1996. Copper and optical fiber cable systems; Reasons for the upgrade; System design; Installation process.
- Marketers can profit from communications technology. // Marketing News;2/8/1980, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p10
Provides information on communication technologies that could benefits marketers in the U.S. Significance of cable television to the implementation of the technologies; Introduction of grocery shopping in television; Publication of yellow pages in video disc form.
- Classic Sports Founders To Tip College Sports Net. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p43
Reports on the introduction of National College Sports Network to the cable business. Games aired on the network; Capital money used for the launching of the network; Partnership of the network with Big Ten Conference.
- U.S. communications cable systems. // Wire Journal International;Apr2008, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p16
The article highlights the results of a study on copper and fiber communications cable systems from Amadee+Co. According to the study, the U.S. spent more than $13 billion for cable and apparatus used in communication cable market segments during 2007. The study adds that wirelines is the...
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;5/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 97, p2
This article reports on the decision of Midcontinent to launch a digital family-programming tier in May 2006. Requirements include limited cable and a digital set-top.