DirectTV Is Outpacing Dish. And Now Comes Malone
- The linear TV business is mature and growing and is now declining. It's been declining since 2012 ... OTT is growing. // Multichannel News;8/10/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 27, p17
No abstract available.
- SUBS SANDWICH. // Daily Variety;8/3/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the drop of DirecTV's U.S. subscribers, which resulted from stiff competition.
- DirecTV isn't sweating event competition. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;01/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on DirecTV Inc.'s reaction to the challenge posed by cable start-up In Demand in the pay-per-view programming segment in the United States. Description of how DirecTV established its pay-per-view business; Rights acquired by In Demand to the National Basketball Association and National...
- Dish Network, DirecTV to Challenge Netflix with New Streaming Video Services. Burress, Paul // Satellite News;5/18/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p3
The article offers information on business expansion plans of the U.S. pay-television (pay-TV) satellite operators DirecTV Inc. and Dish Network Corp. It reports that both the satellite operators are planning to launch their video streaming services. It states that the video-on-demand service...
- DirecTV gets March madness. // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Reports the offering of `Mega March Madness' package via pay-per-view by DirecTV Inc. in El Segundo, California.
- Sky-high subscriber gains for DirecTV in Q2. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;8/6/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 42, p21
The article reports that DirecTV Inc. has reported an addition of 100,000 subscribers in the U.S.
- Latin Beat Drives DirecTV's Results. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that subscribers of DirecTV Inc. has increased in domestic operations and performance in its Latin America operations in the first quarter of 2011.
- DirecTV Missed Q2 Sub Target. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p20
Reports the decrease of DirecTV Inc. subscriber for the second quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Effect of the issue on the management of the company; Status of company sales; Plan on the change of price.
- Direct TV bows PPV service for gay auds. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/8/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the Here! Pay Per View service of DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. Design of the service; Number of independent theatricals the service will offer; Price offerings for the theatricals.