Vanguard Award for Science and Technology: Paul Allen. Chairman, Charter Communications Chairman, Vulcan Inc
- PAUL ALLEN: SHARP PROGRAMMING AND SHREWD DEALS GUILD AN INDUSTRY TITAN. DESPOSITO, JOE // Electronic Design;12/6/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 15, p46
The article profiles Microsoft Corp.'s Paul Allen who cofounded the firm with Bill Gates in 1975 in Albuquerque, New Mexico and developed a programming language translator for the Altair 8800.
- ee HALL OF FAME. // Electronic Design;12/6/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 15, p46
The article offers brief information on the journal's Engineering Hall of Fame which recognizes the contributions of various individuals to the electronics industry highlighting the awardees for 2012 including Paul Allen, Irving Langmuir, and Daniel Bricklin.
- Bose, Schulze Part Of '07 CE Hall Of Fame Class. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/22/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p82
The article announces the honorees of the 2007 "Consumer Electronics" Hall of Fame awards, including Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, Crutchfield founder/CEO William Crutchfield and CEA counsel James Edward Day.
- NCTA Vanguard Winners. // Television Week;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p26
The article announces the winners of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) Vanguard Awards, including Paul G. Allen, Steven Brookstein, and Sam Howe.
- CONGRATULATIONS. // Government Executive;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 16, pA18
Lists several people in the U.S. who won awards for various achievements as of December 2002. Person who became the Hero of September 11th, 2001; Awards for the Federal employees of the year.
- MMS Awards $10.6 Million to Louisiana for Coastal Restoration. // Washington Letter of Oceanography;2/9/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p2
The article announces the $10.6 million grant to the state of Louisiana through the Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP), awarded by the Minerals Management Service (MMS) in February 2009.
- Ghana Achievers Awards. // New African;Mar2003, Issue 416, p63
Reports that the London, England-based Ghana Professional Achievers (GPA) Awards is asking for nominations for 2003. Eligibility criteria of the awards; Award categories; Categories of awards introduced in 2003.
- Other prizes and awards. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p174
Discusses various prizes and awards. Nobel Prizes, named for Alfred B. Nobel (1833-1896), given to people who have done something important for humankind; Pulitzer Prizes, named for Joseph Pulitzer (1847-1911), given for writing and music; Spingarn Medal, established by Joel Elias Spingarn of...
- Spain scores at Cannes. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;6/29/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p1
Reports that Spain carried off the top prize at the International Advertising Film Festival with a commercial that wouldn't make it past United States network censors. United States got 3 of 27 Gold Lions awarded; No rival over Grand Prix candidates; Details of the winners.