THE LONG, STRANGE TRIP CONTINUES
- NCTA's leader board. Hall, Lee; McConville, Jim; Brown, Joel // Electronic Media;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p4
Presents information on the 47the National Cable Television Association Show (NCTA '98). Information on the appearance of Microsoft's Bill Gates; Indepth look at the announcement made at the NCTA; Details on the NCTA Board elections.
- Cable channels look for face lift as digital arrives. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p4
Focuses on the attendance of cable network corporations at the 47th annual 1998 National Cable Television Association (NCTA) with emphasis on digital television. Indepth look at the word broad band; Indication that USA's and Sci-Fi's are seeking to revamp their brand image; Comments from USA...
- A line in the sand. // Electronic Media;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the National Cable Television Association convention with emphasis on problems relating to digital programming. Information on the number of homes in the United States (US) receiving broadcast by way of cable outlet; Views on the 1080-interlaced format used CBS Incorporated...
- NCTA's Web site is not that bad. // Electronic Media;05/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p8
Gives information on the Web site of the National Cable Television Association, highlighting its importance as a communications tool. What the site offers; Address of the web site.
- Cable programmers soon will have an even stronger voice at the National Cable Television... McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p62
Reports on the National Cable Television Association increase of seats held by programmers on the board. Ration of programmer representation with their dues; Name of programmers on the board.
- Nuts-and-bolts show predicted for NCTA. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;4/29/96, Vol. 230 Issue 18, p16
Focuses on the National Cable Television Association's Cable '96 convention which was held in Los Angeles and California from April 28 to May 1 1996. Views of John Aronsohn, senior analyst of the Yankee Group on the convention; What the show was expected to focus on; Focus of customers; Views...
- NCTA files video parity bid. // Telephony;05/05/97, Vol. 232 Issue 18, p26
Reports that the National Cable Television Association has filed a brief with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the US Copyright Office requesting regulatory parity for cable with any multichannel video provider including direct broadcast satellite carriers.
- Tuning in to kids. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/96, Vol. 126 Issue 52, p85
Focuses on the `Tune in to Kids and Family' programming initiative launched by the National Cable Television Association.
- Cable industry connecting schools to the Internet. Frazier, Deneen // Multimedia Schools;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the National Cable Television Association's program to provide elementary and secondary schools with high-speed Internet access via cable modems free of charge.