Let Green Times Roll in NOLA
- THE WEATHER CHANNEL. // Advertising Age;5/3/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 18, pC76
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network the Weather Channel. An increase in the ratings for the television programs broadcast by the network as well as for its overall weather broadcasting is cited. The digital media operated by the network,...
- David Kenny. Shields, Mike // Adweek;4/30/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 17, p8
An interview is presented with David Kenny, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the cable television network the Weather Channel. Kenny says the company is both a cable television and Internet industry business. He says that the primary function of both the network and its Website are to assist...
- THE WEATHER CHANNEL. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC66
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network Weather Channel. The network's programming for 2011-2012 is considered, particularly its introduction of several reality television programs to supplement the network's core operation of broadcasting...
- Upfronts: Bravo, TWC Up Ante. MORABITO, ANDREA // Multichannel News;4/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the consideration of Bravo and The Weather Channel to invest in reality-themed programming in 2013 and 2014 as the upfront presentations of the network continued.
- Ready for digital cable TV? Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;9/16/96, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p8
Reports on major multiple system cable operators' preparation to roll out the first digital set-top cable boxes to subscribers in October 1996. Launching of digital-only cable services by Discovery Communications, Arts & Entertainment and ESPN; Digital 24-hour Discovery services.
- Hooked Up. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/23/98, Vol. 128 Issue 48, p38
Presents news briefs on cable television industry. Completion of agreements to acquire broadcast premier rights to 12 major films from Fox, Buena Vista, Columbia Tri-Star and Universal Studios by FX; Division launched by Discovery Communications Inc.; Nine original programs slated by Fit TV.
- Discovery Dishes 2. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;03/08/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 3, p16
Reports on Bethesda, Maryland-based cable television company Discovery Networks' plan to launch its cable television networks Discovery Health and Discovery Travel and Adventure in global markets. Company's negotiation with cable operators for carriage deals.
- CBS' Eye on People, rainbow realign ad sales strategies. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;10/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p6
Cites the realignment of advertising sales operations at several cable networks in the United States. Discovery Networks' agreement to take over ad sales for CBS' Eye on People network; Assignment of separate sales teams at Bravo and MuchMusic.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/15/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 16, p10
Presents developments on television broadcasting as of April 2002 in the U.S. Commitment of MSNBS cable television news channel to serve the public fairly; Decision of Discovery Networks Inc. to remove production credits on many shows in the cable networks owned by the company; Offer of the...