EchoStar Wins Piracy Case
- GIZMO DOWNLOAD. // Multichannel News;9/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p26
The article offers brief information on the portable satellite system Tailgater from Dish Network Corp.
- DirecTV's falling star. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/23/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 31, p41
Focuses on the impact of piracy on the sales of the DirectTV. Percentage of people pirating DirectTV satellite signals; Decision of Echostar to drop its plan to counterbid for DirectTV; Decrease of number of subscribers
- Piracy threat to DBS growing. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;06/23/97, Vol. 127 Issue 26, p52
Emphasizes the increasing piracy threat to the fledgling direct broadcasting satellite (DBS) television industry. Evolution of high-technology pirates from small-time crooks into big-time entrepreneurs; Use of black-market converter boxes and illegal hookups as weapons against cable; Annual...
- Satellite-Ad Spat to Court. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;2/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by DirectTV Inc. on satellite TV rival Dish Network Corp. for false advertising that claims that the former charges more for the same service. Dish's "Why Pay More" advertisements imply that the viewers can get the same channels as provided by Direct but at...
- Dish Averts STELA Carriage Mandate. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;8/2/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p20
The article reports on the move of Dish Network Corp. to avoid the expedited noncommercial, high-definition station-carriage mandate in the newly reauthorized satellite distant blanket license law called the Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act (STELA) in which it forces the company...
- A Dish also served online. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;8/25/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the online video portal unveiled by Dish Network Corp. to give access to its satellite subscribers live and recorded shows, films and additional content to make content available online.
- MOBILE DISRUPTOR. // Total Telecom+;Feb2013, p4
The article discusses the impact of the move by U.S. satellite television provider Dish Network to lodge a 3.30-U.S. dollar-per-share offer for Clearwire on the telecommunication side of the industry.
- Sprint and DISH to Trial Fixed Wireless Broadband Service. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Dec2013, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p14
The article informs that the telecommunications firm Sprint Corp. and the satellite television service provider DISH Network Corp. are planning to jointly deploy a fixed wireless broadband service, on a trial basis, in Corpus Christi, Texas, which is going to be available in the middle of 2014.
- ESPN and Disney/ABC Television Group Launch WATCH Authenticated Products to DISH Customers. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
The article announces that DISH Network Corporation, a provider of quality satellite television programming, and Walt Disney Company, an American, diversified multinational mass media firm, has made available the WATCH ABC, WATCH ABC Family, WATCH Disney Channel, WATCH Disney XD and Watch ESPN.