Canada lags in standardized protocols for medical labs
- On...the...Net@cma.ca. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/03/98, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p1167
Reports on the reaction of attendees of the 1998 meeting of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, toward the online service created by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA). Details of OSLER and the CPG Infobase; Assistance given novice searchers; Overall impression the...
- An accountability manifesto. Affleck, Ewan // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/18/2014 Supplement Future Practice, Vol. 186, p16
The article discusses the highlights of the annual convocation of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada held on October 19, 2012 led by Canada Governor General David Johnston. Topics covered include accountability deficit in the medical profession, lack of currency among...
- Standardized protocols for medical laboratories. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/1/2009, Vol. 181 Issue 5, pE75
The article reports on the move of the Canadian Association of Pathologists to bring out voluntary national standards for quality assurance for clinical immunohistochemistry laboratories and pathologists in Canada. The association stated that patient care would be improved if the planned Best...
- Mortality study of pathologists and medical laboratory technicians. Harrington, J.M.; Shannon, H.S. // British Medical Journal;11/8/1975, Vol. 4 Issue 5992, p329
Focuses on the mortality study of pathologists and medical laboratory in Great Britain. Emphasis on the lower mortality risk of technicians and pathologists compared to general population; Discussion on the standardized mortality ratio (SMR) of pathologists; Assessment on the SMR for suicide.
- Reporting impaired pathologist. Harty-Golder, Barbara // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Feb2009, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p36
The article provides an answer to a question related to a female medical laboratory pathologist showing signs of poor professional judgment.
- Columbia Hospital labs receive national two-year accreditation. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;08/31/98-09/07/98, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the two-year accreditation awarded to MDS-Hudson Valley Laboratories Inc. at Columbia Memorial Hospital by the Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists (CAP). Things to be considered in an on-site inspection of a laboratory; Other CAP-accredited...
- A Call to Standardize Preanalytic Data Elements for Biospecimens. Robb, James A.; Gulley, Margaret L.; Fitzgibbons, Patrick L.; Kennedy, Mary F.; Cosentino, L. Mark; Washington, Kay; Dash, Rajesh C.; Branton, Philip A.; Jewell, Scott D.; Lapham, Rosanna L. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Apr2014, Vol. 138 Issue 4, p526
Context.--Biospecimens must have appropriate clinical annotation (data) to ensure optimal quality for both patient care and research. Clinical preanalytic variables are the focus of this study. Objectives.--To define the essential preanalytic variables (data fields) that should be attached to...
- Telemedicine: Look before you leap. Harty-Golder, Barbara // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Apr2003, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p40
Answers a question on a proposed distance-diagnosis program for pathologists and physician-office laboratories in the U.S. Transmission of images of blood smears electronically; Review of slides and smears by pathologists without going to the laboratory.
- PPD's Singapore lab earns CAP accreditation. // Biomedical Business & Technology;Mar2010, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p17
The article reports that the global central laboratory operations of PPD in Singapore has earned accreditation by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).