Maestro of the bed industry
- People. // Cabinet Maker;7/13/2001, Issue 5246, p27
Reports appointments of furniture industry executives in Great Britain. John Hanconck as nonexecutive director of Siddal and Hilton Springs; Martyn Lincoln as chief executive of The British Contact Furnishing; Tom Rex as national accounts manager of Bush Europe.
- War worries may divert holiday money to home. // Cabinet Maker;3/14/2008, Issue 5579, p38
The article reports that furniture retailers in Great Britain could benefit from consumers' fears over a war with Iraq. According to John Hancock, MFI chief executives, retailers were competing for the leisure pound and consumers could switch to spending on their homes instead of a foreign...
- Hancock on board. // Cabinet Maker;07/21/2000, Issue 5197, p4
Reports that former Sealy marketing director John Hancock has joined Jacob Cowen & Sons as executive director.
- Back to basics at Hancock's 'customer focused' MFI. // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p7
Comments on furniture firm MFI and its chief executive John Hancock. Plan to be more `customer focused'; Open communication between distribution and manufacturing sides; Focus on vertical integration; Changes in management; Abolition of the MFI name.
- Second role. // Cabinet Maker;07/28/2000, Issue 5198, p5
Reports that former Sealy executive John Hancock has been appointed non-executive director at Mattress Production Technology Group.
- Fuchs promoted to EVP at Sleep Innovations. // Furniture/Today;4/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p24
Reports on West Long Branch, New Jersey-based Sleep Innovations' promotion of David Fuchs to the position of executive vice president of sales and marketing.
- MFI boosts spending to promote new look. // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2004, Issue 5378, p3
Reports on the strategy of furniture firm MFI UK to increase its advertising spending in Great Britain. Progress of its store refurbishment program; Aim to promote the revised stores and product; Statement of John Hancock, company's chief executive on the completion of refits.
- MFI split mooted. // Cabinet Maker;9/16/2005, Issue 5456, p5
Reports on the sale of MFI Furniture Group PLC's underperforming retail business in Great Britain. Factors affecting the company's sales; Impact of the sale on its CEO John Hancock; Implication of the business move for the furniture industry and trade.
- Bouncing ideas. // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p12
Presents opinions from bed experts on the Sleep Council's issue on changes in sleeping patterns and surfaces by the third millennium. Storage of beds when not in use to utilize space for other purposes; Emergence of plasma screens to allow occupants to access the Internet, television and...