Rosebys on the prowl
- Rosebys in talks to take over Harveys. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;06/09/2000, Issue 5191/5192, p1
Reports on the plan of British home furnishings and bed retailer Rosebys to buy furniture company Harveys Furnishing. Confirmation that Rosebys was the only potential buyer; Features that make Harveys attractive to Rosebys.
- Harveys takes more aggressive stance on value. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p1
Reports on the plan of Harveys to become aggressive in its price and product features in the furniture market.
- Harveys greenbridge retail park. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p13
Evaluates the Harveys furniture store based on its design and fixtures, customer service and sales skill of its salespeople.
- Harveys set for transformation. // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p4
Reports that Great Britain-based furniture retailer Harveys Furnishings will undergo a transformation to include contemporary furniture and lifestyle products.
- Sales drop at Harveys as slowdown kicks in. // Cabinet Maker;3/28/2003, Issue 5330, p1
Reports on the financial performance of furniture maker Harveys Furnishing PLC in Great Britain as of March 28, 2003. Decline in sales; Pre-tax profits; Growth rates.
- Harveys' French disconnection. // Cabinet Maker;06/26/98, Issue 5094, p5
Reports that Harveys has disposed of Maple Europe to a management team of former Kingsbury directors Simon Bee and Robert Adams. Types of furniture which the company retails.
- Harveys bucks the trend towards falling sales. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;01/08/99, Issue 5120, p3
Reports on the sales performance of British furniture retailer Harveys in the six months ended October 1998. Sales performance of the firm's major rivals; Like for like sales in the mezzanine floor segment.
- Templeman sees grounds for optimism. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/09/99, Issue 5145, p1
Highlights the comments of furniture retail chain Harveys managing director Rob Templeman about the company's sales performance and future prospects.
- Rosebys bid adds value to Harveys. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p6
Reports on an increase in Harveys' share price following the confirmation of a bid approach from Rosebys. Benefits expected by both companies from the deal; Share prices posted by other furniture companies and retailers as of June 19, 2000.