Your questions answered
- Compensation bombshells. Morgan, Michael // Cabinet Maker;4/26/2002, Issue 5284, p9
Focuses on the legal issues of selling furniture. Considerations in the compensation of damaged product; Cost of a breach of contract; Details on cases with legal implications.
- Peace offering. Pulling, Jenny // Cabinet Maker;02/18/2000, Issue 5175, p12
Focuses on the furniture retailers' offer of warranties as part of a sale in light of an increase in consumer demand. Customers' demand for warranties especially in the leather sector; Scheme mechanics; Advantages of offering warranties. INSET: Who offers what?.
- Warranties. // ABA Journal;Jul86, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p64
Reports on the Minnesota Court of Appeal's decision on the breach of an express warranty case filed by a car buyer against the dealer after the car broke down and injured the buyer. Laws governing expressed warranty.
- The New Federal Warranty Law: A Guide to Compliance. Popper, Lewis M. // Business Lawyer;Jan1977, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p399
Provides a working knowledge of federal warranty law and regulations in the United States. Identification of requirements applicable to particular warranties and service contracts; Impact of the Warranty Act on the marketing of consumer products; Enactment of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty.
- Sellers Save on Shelling Out for Warranty Periods. Feldman, Robert A. // Corporate Legal Times;Feb2003, Vol. 13 Issue 135, p7
Comments on the legal aspects of warranty periods in the U.S. Focus on Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code (U.C.C.); Highlights of the legal case 'Selzer v. Brunsell Brothers Ltd.'; Determination of warranty period under U.C.C. Article 2.
- YPP calls in the receivers. // Cabinet Maker;04/16/99, Issue 5134, p3
Reports that Great Britain-based bedroom and furniture manufacture Yorkshire Pine Products was forced to call in the receivers due to a lack of cashflow.
- Buoyant and Oakland Fairfax call in receivers. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;02/12/99, Issue 5125, p2
Reports that Buoyant Upholstery and sister firm Oakland Fairfax Furniture have called in receivers along with parent Moorfield Holdings.
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/99, Issue 5161, p6
Answers readers' questions related to the furniture industry for the week of October 29, 1999. Includes strategies for selecting bedroom furniture with peach graining for customers; Coverage of a product warranty for a kitchen door.
- Protection is the name of the game. Millar, James // Cabinet Maker;2/28/2003, Issue 5326, p12
Reports on the concentration of manufacturers on the protection of the fabric of their furniture products in Great Britain. Use of leather upholstery; Decline of the popularity of removable covers; Overview of the various warranty programs of manufacturers.